QF double status credits

Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

QF double status credits

QF website now promoting a double status credit offer for QF domestic and international flights in all cabin classes. Note that registration is required, and there is a limited timeframe to make bookings:

Extract follows:

"...For a limited time, you'll earn double Status Credits on eligible Qantas operated domestic and international flights~, in all cabins^.

With double Status Credits, you have the opportunity to move up a membership level faster. And the higher you go, the more privileges you enjoy when flying, so now is a great time to book with Qantas.

Here's how to earn double Status Credits
Simply register below for this offer (all passengers in the booking must register separately to earn double status credits).
Book an eligible Qantas operated flight between 28 April and 4 May 2016, for travel from 28 April 2016 to 16 April 2017.
Don't forget to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking to ensure you earn double Status Credits.
Once registered, you can make multiple bookings to earn double Status Credits during the promotion.
Remember, you earn more Status Credits# on our more flexible fares and in premium cabins.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:41 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Brilliant.

Fits perfectly with plans ...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
Brilliant.

Fits perfectly with plans ...
Yep...there are some cheapish business class HNL flights at the moment (around $3,500 return ex BNE) that would net a cool 720 credits and could be dovetailed with a nice and cheap AA status run in the US!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Platy
Yep...there are some cheapish business class HNL flights at the moment (around $3,500 return ex BNE) that would net a cool 720 credits and could be dovetailed with a nice and cheap AA status run in the US!
I already have an award flight booked to JNB ..
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by Platy
QF website now promoting a double status credit offer for QF domestic and international flights in all cabin classes. Note that registration is required, and there is a limited timeframe to make bookings:

Extract follows:

"...For a limited time, you'll earn double Status Credits on eligible Qantas operated domestic and international flights~, in all cabins^.

With double Status Credits, you have the opportunity to move up a membership level faster. And the higher you go, the more privileges you enjoy when flying, so now is a great time to book with Qantas.

Here's how to earn double Status Credits
Simply register below for this offer (all passengers in the booking must register separately to earn double status credits).
Book an eligible Qantas operated flight between 28 April and 4 May 2016, for travel from 28 April 2016 to 16 April 2017.
Don't forget to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking to ensure you earn double Status Credits.
Once registered, you can make multiple bookings to earn double Status Credits during the promotion.
Remember, you earn more Status Credits# on our more flexible fares and in premium cabins.
I got it as well. The interesting thing is they are basically saying "book a year ahead and win". Never seen a travel period this long before.

I will probably lock in 1,000 credits of travel by next week. Good news!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: QF, NZ, MH, Hilton
How should this sentence be interpreted ...

If you change or cancel your initial qualifying booking and/or travel is completed outside the promotional period, this bonus offer will not apply

... I know there are some flights I will need to take in October but the dates may shift a day or two closer to the time. Would the bonus offer still apply if dates changed are still in promotional period? The use of "and/or" seems odd.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:57 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reubee
How should this sentence be interpreted ...

If you change or cancel your initial qualifying booking and/or travel is completed outside the promotional period, this bonus offer will not apply

... I know there are some flights I will need to take in October but the dates may shift a day or two closer to the time. Would the bonus offer still apply if dates changed are still in promotional period? The use of "and/or" seems odd.
I would expect that flight changes after 4 May would disqualify an originally qualifying flight.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:24 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
In past promotions like this any changes = no double SC. Sounds like same rule applies this time too, QFF isn't that generous Though maybe they expect fares to lower so any changes would be to a lower fare
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
Though maybe they expect fares to lower so any changes would be to a lower fare
Unless the original ticket is fully refundable (so customer can cancel and rebook) any changes cannot be to a lower fare (credit voucher issued less penalty fee with requirement to spend that minimum amount on a future booking).

QF has its customers screwed....
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by og
I would expect that flight changes after 4 May would disqualify an originally qualifying flight.
That's my reading too.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I was originally confused by this:

Originally Posted by reubee
but if you put it the 2 ways it can be read, I think it means you can change, as long as the dates aren't outside the promo period of April 16 - April 17:

It doesn't make sense if you book a more flexible class of travel and then change it, that you wouldn't get the DSC.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I was excited and looking to book First across the Tasman then I noticed that the flight has to be QF operated, so the QF code EK operated flights are not included in the offer, only some specific AA operated flights are.
This will change my routing now, I will just go WLG-SYD in J.
Do not rely on the DSC calculator to verify the QFF points and SC as that should the double SC given.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I was excited and looking to book First across the Tasman then I noticed that the flight has to be QF operated, so the QF code EK operated flights are not included in the offer, only some specific AA operated flights are.
This will change my routing now, I will just go WLG-SYD in J.
Do not rely on the DSC calculator to verify the QFF points and SC as that should the double SC given.
Ditto! There are some great fares in First on EK 380 ex AKL - in the $900 odd bracket that usually get 120 SP. Would have been a real win. Still not bad in terms of earn though imho - under $1k for 120 status points.

Sale fares on QF metal at the moment ex AKL to SYD however net 160 SPs with the credit promo so that a great deal, just a shame Jet Connect business is so so so poor compared to EK.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:42 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ssnz
Sale fares on QF metal at the moment ex AKL to SYD however net 160 SPs with the credit promo so that a great deal, just a shame Jet Connect business is so so so poor compared to EK.
Of course the 738 hard product will be less than the 380 hard product, but the JetConnect crew IME have been professional and have done everything expected to make the (short) flight as comfortable as possible given the cabin constraints.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.