Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas SYD First Lounge transit access - help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas SYD First Lounge transit access - help?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
No, you will still have no access to QF First lounge, as you must head straight to immigration & customs and then leave the international terminal.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[off topic]
Originally Posted by andreiz
Forgot to mention that I will be arriving from SIN at 11 am and won't do the Melbourne flight until at least 2 pm. Does this change the equation?
Originally Posted by pbl22
No, you will still have no access to QF First lounge, as you must head straight to immigration & customs and then leave the international terminal.
As above, no.
And 3 hours is the usual recommendation for SYD international to domestic transfer when on separate tickets. But 11:00 is after the peak arrival time.
Look here Airport info SYDNEY (SYD) - amenities, transfers, transport

[/off topic]
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Forgot to mention that I will be arriving from SIN at 11 am and won't do the Melbourne flight until at least 2 pm. Does this change the equation?
In this case, fly QF for the domestic flight. OWE streamlines the whole domestic process from biz class check-in at the transfer counter, and a (domestic) lounge to hang out in and have a shower if you want. Plus if there are IRROPS you'll have status on your side.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
In this case, fly QF for the domestic flight. OWE streamlines the whole domestic process from biz class check-in at the transfer counter, and a (domestic) lounge to hang out in and have a shower if you want. Plus if there are IRROPS you'll have status on your side.
Although for a standalone SYD-MEL flight I would probably take the same view that Mwenenzi takes about $41, with a short connection between the overnight SIN-SYD and the onward SYD-MEL, I agree with LHR/MEL/Europe FF that the entire package of OWE benefits is worth spending the extra money for.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Going to hijack this thread briefly. I plan to fly SYD-MEL on QF Y, do I get access to the QF First Class lounge if I'm OW Emerald?
No. Because the FL is in Sydney T1 (the International terminal).

You will get access to the Qantas Business lounge in Sydney T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.