Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The Qantas London Lounge - Opening 2017 [Pre opening discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Qantas London Lounge - Opening 2017 [Pre opening discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Thanks. The ability to use the EK lounge at LHR when in QF F was not available when I last travelled with QF rather than EK - it is very difficult to work out entitlement looking at either QF or EK websites. I think it became allowed after the EK lounge refurbishment but is certainly not publicised.
I am not completely certain if Skywards Gold would allow me access if not in F (this is a QF booking) but I think not.
I've had no issues using EK lounge at LHR when flying QF F.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks - there are several reports confirming this over recent months particularly after the refurbishment of the EK lounge. I I fancy a change of scene this time though and will try the CX F lounge but would be interested in giving the QF lounge a look if it is open by end October.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The QF and CX lounges will be close to each other - maybe a 1 minute walk at most.

Note that there has been a recent change Qantas Club members using their membership for lounge access when departing on QF flights in economy from LHR T3 now use the CX business lounge (AC no longer).

http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...ific/global/en
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
The QF and CX lounges will be close to each other - maybe a 1 minute walk at most.
They are virtually next to each other - a matter of seconds.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by serfty

Note that there has been a recent change Qantas Club members using their membership for lounge access when departing on QF flights in economy from LHR T3 now use the CX business lounge (AC no longer).

http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...ific/global/en
Under the QF AA deal, you could still technically access the AA lounge if you wanted to.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:12 pm

QF replied today:

'Currently we do not have an opening date for our brand new London Heathrow Lounge. Our new lounge is expected to open late 2017 but we'll make an official announcements on our website here: https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/ (https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/)

Qantas passengers travelling in First Class from London Heathrow on a Qantas flight have access to either the Cathay Pacific Lounge or British Airways lounge upon departure'.

So none the wiser and feel a trip to the CX lounge coming on...

Interestingly no mention of the EK lounge.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Interestingly no mention of the EK lounge.
This I suspect is due to a PAX accessing the EK lounge costing more than the oneworld lounges.

I note there is no mention of the AA facilities.

This is similar to QF First and Business PAX arriving into LHR T3 having access to the AA arrivals lounge at T3 - try finding mention of that on www.qantas.com .
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Same, no issues whatsoever. In fact the LHR QF F check-in agents mention it from time to time
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:50 pm

Went through LHR T3 today in F on QF2 but ticketed as an EK codeshare. Offered choice of BA, CX and EK lounges at check-in. Happy in the CX F lounge tucking into offerings from the noodle bar (round the corner in the J lounge).
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My understanding is that you can ask for the J noodle items in the F restaurant.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
My understanding is that you can ask for the J noodle items in the F restaurant.
The restaurant was very busy and we preferred to walk down the corridor to the noodle bar and order. 5 minutes later we went back and collected the food to eat in the F lounge.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
(Copied from my BAEC post)

I had a peak into the QF lounge this morning. Some helpful FT insider has subtly peeled a bit of the plastic on the window hatch.

By what I've seen (which I guess is the reception/entrance point but even so) it is still a full on building site. Materials everywhere, first fix M&E still evident, suspended ceiling barely started.

On the assumption that this is at least partially representative, based on my experience this is at least 6-8 weeks out.

I'll wager a glass of champagne* that it won't be open before December.

*From any OW LHR lounge
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Late construction for LHR lounges is pretty common esp. when airside ... CX lounge years ago was circa 6 months late in finishing construction, for example. QF will do well to get this done by Feb. Of course the record delay for unfinished lounges is not at LHR but at LAX where the new AC in T4 was delayed for several years when AA ran out of money and wasn't completed until QF paid millions to finish the construction (hence why it was a Qantas Club as well as an AC when completed).
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
I think the lounge is likely to open in November, a simple Google search brings up many job adverts for staff which state applicants must be able to start work on 1st November, for example https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=...deedg&from=web
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by AussieDreaming
I think the lounge is likely to open in November, a simple Google search brings up many job adverts for staff which state applicants must be able to start work on 1st November, for example https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=...deedg&from=web
Is Ł8.75/hr a good salary for that kind of job?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.