Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The Qantas London Lounge - Opening 2017 [Pre opening discussion]

The Qantas London Lounge - Opening 2017 [Pre opening discussion]

Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
Originally Posted by dwugson
Understand that the opening of the Heathrow lounge has been delayed by several months and is now scheduled for 'mid 2017'. However, I believe Qantas First pax have access to the Cathay Pacific lounge which I'm looking forward to trying!
I've got a QF10 sector coming up in June - with any luck the QF lounge won't be completed and I'll be forced to use the CX lounge
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Any Emerald passenger travelling oneworld from LHR T3 has access to the CX First lounge section.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:42 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by serfty
Any Emerald passenger travelling oneworld from LHR T3 has access to the CX First lounge section.
Yep - I would not even bother with any other lounge...
Old May 4, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Following up from my earlier posts on this thread, flew F from LHR two days ago. On check in we were actually offered a choice of lounge instead of automatically being relegated to the BA lounge. The Cathay lounge was as lovely as described, Qantas rep available and checking Qantas pax and was able to sample my first dan dan noodle soup. Thanks all for your advice.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Any update on the new QF lounge at LHR T3 progress/situation?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
A quick bump for this. I'm on QF 2 at the end of October and wonder if the new QF lounge at LHR will be open or if I will be forced to slum it in the CX F lounge ?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless you are P1 or CL then CX / EK is likely your best option.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Why would the QF lounge be different for CL/P1?

Secret handshake opens up the cupboard with Krug?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:36 pm

Unless you are P1 or CL then CX / EK is likely your best option.
Don't think the EK lounge is an option on a QF flight at LHR. I will certainly explore the CX option but would be interested in seeing the new QF lounge if open (I will be in F so may get some of the perks of CL/P1)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF Passengers in First out of LHR can use the EK lounge and/or any of the oneworld lounges.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Don't think the EK lounge is an option on a QF flight at LHR. I will certainly explore the CX option but would be interested in seeing the new QF lounge if open (I will be in F so may get some of the perks of CL/P1)
I see your profile indicates Skywards Gold - as such, if you had not been in First would you not have access to the EK lounge before a QF flight out of LHR in any case?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:15 am

QF Passengers in First out of LHR can use the EK lounge and/or any of the oneworld lounges.
Thanks. The ability to use the EK lounge at LHR when in QF F was not available when I last travelled with QF rather than EK - it is very difficult to work out entitlement looking at either QF or EK websites. I think it became allowed after the EK lounge refurbishment but is certainly not publicised.
I am not completely certain if Skywards Gold would allow me access if not in F (this is a QF booking) but I think not.

There are many long threads on lounge access entitlement at LHR for QF/EK here and elsewhere - I was more interested to know if there was any more info on whether the QF lounge is scheduled to open by end October. I have sent QF an e-mail and will share the reply.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have come across quite a few affirmative anecdotes on the QF First exception re EK lounge access over the last two or more years.

As for the Qantas lounge and when it may open, my care factor is zip while I can still access CX First lounge as a WP( or *O First PAX).
justin_krusty likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 23, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: QFF P1, DL Plat
No sign of opening

August 24 (QF10 to MEL)

No sign of opening yet (actually there is a sign on the wall but that is all).
pomkiwi likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I believe it is now scheduled for opening in October/November.
pomkiwi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.