Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

14th Annual AGM + Catering Facility Tour (TBC): BNE QP Sat 5 March 2016

Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
It was such a great day (as always!)

QF WP is so humble, but in my view he does such a wonderful job every year, and this year more than most it's been harder for him personally, and to get it all sorted (with assistance from JessicaTam and others) has been great and SO appreciated by those of us able to go.

FOr me the catering tour was REALLY interesting and not fully what I expected (specially the main food cooking area which was.. small lol). I loved learning the whole story to see it from strip down of the carts, cleaning, to bringing the food in, weighing and prep to the specific item "formulas" then cooking, plating and loading back to the carts to be taken away. The measures to go to prevent insects, dirt and other contamination getting into the building and so on to be really interesting and certainly gives confidence when eating those (so so) meals on board

and of course there was that entire rack of lindt balls....

then the team at BNE QC who looked after our large and loud group were simply fantastic - from brief chats with the managers to the absolutely glorious staff (Chantal for one who looked after our little group amongst others) were simply fantastic and geat ambassadors for customer service, QF and really did seem to enjoy interacting with us. Sure they went out of their way to provide somewhat better than the normal lounge fare (those choritzo hot dogs were great!) but it was such a lovely afternoon with conversations, stories and good times.

And already teasers for next year and maybe 2018... will be booking the weekend sooner rather than later

thanks again everyone for such a great day!

and remember "Why go direct when you can connect?!"
Thanks for expressing this so well. My thoughts exactly. Why don't we get Lindt balls and M&M chocolate? Why do I always get the couscous inspired dishes and not those we saw on the tour????

Big thanks to QF WP for the organising ^

And thanks to everyone who was there, I really enjoyed meeting new friends.

Yeah, "why go direct when you can connect" . I'll try to remember that.

Can't wait for the next one
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I am sorry that I did not see this sooner. It sounds like it was a very cool event.

My car hire is due back to BNE at 1420 and my VA flight is at 1830. If anyone is flying out and can guest me into a lounge, I would be most grateful.

ETA I flew in on qf and had a lovely flight.
It would have been good to be able to show you some hospitality, Aussie style . This is an annual event, as is OzFest .. See, another excuse to jump onto a plane..
Should have thought to mention it when we caught up in the LAX Q Flounge recently!

And I add my thanks for a great day to QF WP, Jess, Q Catering, QF Lounge, Angela, & all old & new flying friends .
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:49 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Super jealous of all of you, a shame it was Mardi Gras weekend.

As it turned out, I was actually involved with a Hazard Reduction in the lower Blue Mountains, high temperatures made it almost unbearable, would much rather have been in Brisbane.

Looking forward to next year......

Dave
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:31 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by thadocta
As it turned out, I was actually involved with a Hazard Reduction in the lower Blue Mountains, high temperatures made it almost unbearable, would much rather have been in Brisbane
The HRBs in SYD bushland made for rather poor air quality for most of greater Sydney in the earlier parts of the weekend. BNE was the place to be for the escape.. I felt sorry for the guy filming our northerly departure from SYD since his great views of the harbour, city and opera house were not as good as they could have been.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by og
The HRBs in SYD bushland made for rather poor air quality for most of greater Sydney in the earlier parts of the weekend. BNE was the place to be for the escape.. I felt sorry for the guy filming our northerly departure from SYD since his great views of the harbour, city and opera house were not as good as they could have been.
The Hazard Reductions whilst, making for poor air quality in March, will hopefully allow for great conditions in October, November, December, January, February.....

Dave
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: QF WP, HH DIA
Apologies for being so late with this but only arrived home yesterday after a busy weekend in Brisbane.

A HUGE thank you to QF WP for organising another fantastic event. Also thanks to the QF catering staff for showing us around the catering facility. It certainly gave us a detailed understanding of the logistics involved in preparing the meals being loaded onto the flights.
Also thanks to all the QC staff for being so attentive and the great food supplied. Thanks also to Micheal and Lindsay for providing transport for us.
It was great to see people we have met previously, but also to meet some new faces and learn some new tips !!
Looking forward to next year.

I would have loved to see the look on Jessica Tams face when she was told her meal had not been loaded. Would have been priceless !!!!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:14 pm

big thanks to QF WP for organising this! Fantastic day all around and especially impressed with the tour we had! you really don't think too much about how everything gets on your tray!

Was also good to see so many people I hadn't seen for a long time, plus a few new faces too!

Look forward to the next gathering!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:55 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
So has a date been determined for the 15th AGM?

Some of us need to plan ahead and 'reserve the date'.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 11:19 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hvr

I'm unaware of any discussion or proposed dates at this stage.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Hvr

Also interested in attending subject to fitting it into the diary
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Also interested in attending subject to fitting it into the diary
Also interested subject to diary
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:58 pm

... and you never know, I might fly back for this again
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I too am interested.

I already have flights booked for Feb 24/25 (A reliable source, being QF WP suggested to me this would be the date if anything happens ... )

no pressure or anything!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:51 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
I already have flights booked for Feb 24/25 (A reliable source, being QF WP suggested to me this would be the date if anything happens ... )
I'm in for Sat 25 February 2017 - if anything happens ..
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:51 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
I'm in for Sat 25 February 2017 - if anything happens ..
Further to my above comment, lets just make it 25 February 2017 in the BNE QP. The QF sale prices are quite attractive at the moment. Can't break the tradition!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.