Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

No complimentary lounge pass for gold frequent flyers anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus

I just got my gold package again, but this time there was no complimentary lounge pass in it anymore. Did QF just forgot to send it, or are there no more passes for gold members?
I used to give mine to my wife, for those flights when she was traveling without me.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I don't recall ever getting one as a gold.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF gold gets you and a guest QF lounge access (subject to the t&c's)
When I was gold (first or renewal) I never received a complimentary lounge pass.
QF silver gets 1 only complimentary lounge pass (first time & renewal, as I am now).
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Never got one as a Plat either.
Think its just Silver that get a few passes.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Back in "the day" ...

Blue got 1 Lounge "Invitation".

Silver got 2 Lounge "Invitations".

Gold got Lounge Membership.

This finished last last century.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
I got one invite with my silver package in September.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Perhaps the OP used to purchase Qantas Club membership and confusing lounge passes provided with that?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Hi Flauschie_Mr,

As a Qantas Gold FF, you do not require Lounge Passes since your benefits include Lounge Access:

Lounge Access

A world of lounge privileges
Gold members can enjoy access to Qantas Clubs and International Business lounges for you and one guest and up to two children (aged between 4 and 17)35 when flying on eligible Qantas and Jetstar flights. Plus you also have access to over 600 oneworld airline lounges around the world when flying on eligible flights with a oneworld alliance airline. View oneworld lounge locations.
Ensure your Qantas Frequent Flyer number is in your booking to be able to access the lounge using your Qantas Frequent Flyer card. You can do this online through Manage Your Booking.

International Lounge access before your flight
Qantas Business and associated lounges in more than 28 key Qantas destinations around the world offering fresh, delicious dining options, shower facilities and private work areas. View our worldwide lounge locations.
oneworld lounge access in over 600 oneworld airline lounges, including Business lounges where available, around the world when flying a oneworld alliance airline.

Domestic Lounge access before your flight
Qantas Clubs located around Australia offering a place to unwind before your next domestic flight.

Full Details on the QF Website.

Regards,

BD
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: QF QP
I think the OP is asking because the lounge passes can be given to relatives/friends and used when the member is not traveling.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Thanks for all your replies.

I know that I can get into the lounge + 1 guest when the guest travels on the same flight with me, but I thought gold would also get the privileges of silver, which is the lunge pass too. As said above, I used to give that pass to me wife when she was traveling without me/

From your replies I take it that I got very lucky last year after requalifying again to have gotten the lounge pass.

Thanks again for your help in this.

Last edited by Flauschie_Mr; Jan 12, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
Thanks for all your replies.

<snip>

From your replies I take it that I got very lucky last year after requalifying again to have gotten the lounge pass.

Thanks again for your help in this.
I believe the Complimentary Lounge invites are sent on first and subsequent requalification of silver; no need to rush out and buy a Lotto ticket!!

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.