Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Status Credit earn rate for QFFF partners (1 December 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Status Credit earn rate for QFFF partners (1 December 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by bobe
Getting confused with this new points table, flying UL now in J from Singapore to LHR via Colombo , then from Rome to Singapore Via Colombo I get 320 SCs.

What will I get AFTER December........?.??
The new points calculator (used Feb 2016) says 400. SIN-CMB is a good deal at 80(SC wise), SIN-LHR not so much at 120.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: QF/VEL/A3/Skywards
Thanks Fred, so what your saying , if I go to LHR from Sing via Colombo , then back from Rome to Sing via Colombo is ill get 400 ?thanks
Old Oct 24, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by bobe
Thanks Fred, so what your saying , if I go to LHR from Sing via Colombo , then back from Rome to Sing via Colombo is ill get 400 ?thanks
As long as you do it after the new crediting rules go in place and as long as the online calculator is correct...

Happy wandering

Fred

PS If I didn't know that it would be considered (very) illegal to do so, I'd say someone in CX MPO has been talking to someone in QF QFF. The earns are vary similar with QF slightly in favor of the flyer seeking status.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: QF/VEL/A3/Skywards
Thanks Fred
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
I have booked and ticketed some flights on BA, CX and KA to be flown in Dec and Jan but these were ticketed before the new mileage earning rates were announced. After I have taken these flights, could I ask QFF to adjust the points under current scheme instead of the newer table from 1 Dec?
Last year, for my QF flights that were ticketed before they announced the initial wave of FF changes for QF and JQ flights but flown after the changes were implement, QF automatically adjusted the earn and SC rates for those flights. I did have a BA flight last year when QF adjusted the SC upwards since this was also ticketed before the changes were announced.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by igel
I have booked and ticketed some flights on BA, CX and KA to be flown in Dec and Jan but these were ticketed before the new mileage earning rates were announced. After I have taken these flights, could I ask QFF to adjust the points under current scheme instead of the newer table from 1 Dec?
Last year, for my QF flights that were ticketed before they announced the initial wave of FF changes for QF and JQ flights but flown after the changes were implement, QF automatically adjusted the earn and SC rates for those flights. I did have a BA flight last year when QF adjusted the SC upwards since this was also ticketed before the changes were announced.
No. Qantas has not announced in the change any provision to allow for earning at the old rates where the bookings were made before a certain date

As such, the earnings in effect at time of travel will apply
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
It's an interesting proposition. Qantas Frequent Flyer has a 3 month notice period for changes which are within QF's control.

This would seem to be something within their control (ie not forced on them by third parties).

So based on the lack of notice, I think it would be worth pursuing. And not just at the junior agent level. I'd go up the line to management.

Of course if you have other flights where you benefit, and are happy to take those flights at a higher level, you may have a hard time arguing for only flights where you 'lose' to be credited.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:13 pm

The terms themselves havent changed - the terms simply provide a link to the earnings

The actual earnings have not been part of the T&Cs for a fair while

Last edited by Dave Noble; Oct 25, 2015 at 10:20 pm
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The terms themselves havent changed - the terms simply provide a link to the earnings
That's your take and you are entitled to it.

I don't believe it is necessarily correct under either contract law or Australian consumer law. I would argue 3.2 should be read much more broadly, including the same list of items mentioned in 3.1.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
That's your take and you are entitled to it.

I don't believe it is necessarily correct under either contract law or Australian consumer law. I would argue 3.2 should be read much more broadly, including the same list of items mentioned in 3.1.
OT but congratulations, Evangelist.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I would think you would be best talking to QFF about this. I don't know if they will know what date you actually booked flights on - I don;t know if that information is even sent to them from airline partners. (given your actual travel contract may not be with Qantas, they only get info after then event)
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT but congratulations, Evangelist.
OT but thanks!!! ^^
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by perthite
I would think you would be best talking to QFF about this. I don't know if they will know what date you actually booked flights on - I don;t know if that information is even sent to them from airline partners. (given your actual travel contract may not be with Qantas, they only get info after then event)
With my BA flight last year, although issued on BA stock, it was tied up with a QF domestic sector booked under QF code. I called up QF after the initial SC for BA was credited. They could see when it was ticketed since there was also a QF coded/QF operated sector in the ticket. As there was no change in the mileage earn for BA in the initial phase of the QFF changes, only my SC earn was manually adjusted upwards. The QF sector was automatically adjusted to pre phase 1 change mileage and SC earn without manual intervention.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Buried in our October points balance newsletter (at the end) is a link to the new partner SC earn rate which will be effective 1 December 2015.
I can't find this link. Would someone please be good enough to post it? Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by glazfolk
I can't find this link. Would someone please be good enough to post it? Thanks.
https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn...-earning-table

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.