Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bid Now Upgrade Success Stories

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Qantas
I’m flying QF95 (B789) MEL to LAX in less than two weeks. QF gold, flying PE. Points Upgrade request to J has been in for about a month.

Expert flyer showing J8 & C4. PE completely sold.

Seems like reasonable chance of clearing from my POV - has anyone got similar experiences? Will they send out bid invites if they’ve already got more points requests than they can fill? (Nothing received yet)
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:38 am

What frequent flyer points do we get from this bidnow upgrade?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
What frequent flyer points do we get from this bidnow upgrade?
From FAQ in https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...rade/global/en
https://qantas.custhelp.com/app/answ...now%20upgrades
If my upgrade offer is accepted, which Qantas Points and Status Credits earn rate will apply?
Qantas Points and Status Credits will be earned at the rate of your original booking.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:17 pm

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:30 am

Full flex Economy to PE for Ł205 on QF10 last Monday. Was surprised as it was the lowest amount, and the cabin was full.

I’d be none too pleased with it if I had to pay anywhere near full price. Also, I didn’t realise they wouldn’t have a gluten free meal for me, and the lady serving me was not too nice about it.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:36 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by marcosscriven
...Also, I didn’t realise they wouldn’t have a gluten free meal for me, and the lady serving me was not too nice about it.
Special meals at short notice are always problematic. Catering works on exact numbers. Blame the airline for not expecting specific and unexpected requirements. Not that helps though.
likethis likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by og

Special meals at short notice are always problematic. Catering works on exact numbers. Blame the airline for not expecting specific and unexpected requirements. Not that helps though.
I’d have some sympathy for the crew, but this cabin crew member in particular just made me feel like I was some hipster demanding a silly diet, whereas I have coeliac.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by marcosscriven
I’d have some sympathy for the crew, but this cabin crew member in particular just made me feel like I was some hipster demanding a silly diet, whereas I have coeliac.
I would suggest it best that you provide feedback regarding this crew members attitude. It is not good enough.

Customer Care Feedback Form | Qantas.com
likethis likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:31 am

Successful PE to C Singapore - London, bid S$500;

Do you think this was a rip off?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Successful PE to C Singapore - London, bid S$500;

Do you think this was a rip off?
S$500 for a flat bed (well, sort of flat), more space, a better chance of proper sleep and lounge access you might not have otherwise had - I’d think that money was an OK spend. But it does introduce the challenge to look for future flights in Business on other airlines that may offer more than QF for less.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:51 pm

As a follow up, I got BA tier points for upgrade to C.

The funny part was I bid for a PE - C upgrade LHR - SIN. Got rejected.... arrived at the gate... op up
dddc likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott/SPG PPE+ Ambassador
JNB-SYD Feb 10

Just been offered the upgrade bid. Tempted given I'm then connecting on to Perth which makes for a long day.

EF showing 14 seats open but J9 (C9 D9 I9).

Looks like the fare difference between what I paid and what J would be now is about $1400. On the bid scale, if I use those numbers Qantas shows on the perimeter of red and orange.

Anyone have any experience on these upgrades from JNB-SYD?
Old May 15, 2019, 10:16 am

Flying LAX>SYD

I was invited to bid on an upgrade from LAX to SYD on QF12. Currently in PE and the range was $350 to $2k USD. Any suggestions on what a reasonable bid would be?
Old May 15, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by cmsmith
I was invited to bid on an upgrade from LAX to SYD on QF12. Currently in PE and the range was $350 to $2k USD. Any suggestions on what a reasonable bid would be?
I'd argue it doesn't matter much. Point upgrades have priority over bids. Since this is a FF heavy route it's already close to impossible to get a point upgrade as a gold. I even struggle as a WP at times. Just my five cents worth.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:27 am

Question DFW -> SYD

I'm flying round trip between DFW and SYD in Premium Economy (T). Got an offer to do the bid now upgrade for both legs of the trip. I just made a FF account (no experience flying QF), so I had no points to use.

Seat Availability:
Departing: F9 A9 P0 J7 C7 D7 I0 U0 W3 R0 T0 Z0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 X0 E0
Returning: F9 A9 P0 J9 C9 D9 I7 U0 W3 R3 T0 Z0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0 X9 E9

(Quick question: does, for instance, J7/C7/D7/I0 denote 21 available seats in business or does it mean something else?)

The scale for both is $550 <-> $3300 AUD. Any ideas on the chances of an upgrade and/or the upgrade amount I should offer?

I'm also flying with someone on the departing flight, so we're both looking to get upgraded. Unfortunately, we're not on the same booking so this may cause problems.

Last edited by bls1999; Jul 27, 2019 at 12:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.