Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Question about HVB (Hervey Bay Airport) immediate turnaround

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Hervey Bay Airport (HVB). I am planning to fly on QF1576 SYD-HVB (DEP 1400 ARR 1445), would I be able to get the QF1577 (DEP 1520 ARR 1810) HVB-SYD back?

The QF website allows me to book it as such and googling some information, the airport is small so I do not see any problems with disembarking, meeting someone at arrivals and then straight back in to board the flight as long as I am very quick.

Has anyone had any experience of this airport and able to comment on its layout/procedure?

/AE
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Not knowing the airport exactly, but wouldn't see an issue, so long as carry-on only and prior check-in
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:42 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I agree. But prior check-in would be essential.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
As you say it's a small airport. Disembark via stairs, once inside terminal baggage carousel to left and car rental area opposite this (but doesn't sound like you need either). Check in desk to the right on entering terminal about 20m. I don't remember kiosks being there. Is it just carry on luggage you're picking up rather than check-in? If carry on then just check in via web and have boarding pass available on phone to check back into departure area. Security check just prior to departure area. Won't take long at all as long as your person shows up! Get them to meet you at the baggage carousel. All same floor, same building.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply guys / gals.

Yes, I will be HBO only and I have instructed the third party to be there way before the plane lands. Worst case scenario is that I managed to do a back to back on 717

A side note: that very same day, I will be arriving into SYD on BA15 in the morning. If I keep my BP (travelling in J), according to the QF website, I should be able to access the T3 Domestic Club/Business Lounge (not sure if there are two or whether it has been rebranded from the club to Business lounge) as I am travelling from an International J flight, operated by OW carrier?

/AE
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Here is the extract from the QF website (http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...ub/global/en):

International Business oneworld Customers

Eligible if travelling on a Qantas domestic flight connecting to or from a oneworld flight in International Business on the same day

No guest allowed.
I hope I read it correctly.

/AE
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:29 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by angeloedades
... according to the QF website, I should be able to access the T3 Domestic Club/Business Lounge (not sure if there are two or whether it has been rebranded from the club to Business lounge) as I am travelling from an International J flight, operated by OW carrier?
At T3 QF (domestic) there are 2 lounges. One is the Qantas Club lounge and the other is the QF Business Lounge. The latter is for cards with green spots and domestic Business class pax (and is the preferred place to be - if only to be in a nicer atmosphere without the general "riff-raff" - but you'll get more self important DWKHIAs who patrol the floor yelling into their phones). I don't know if you'll get into the Business lounge with a BA J BP though (certainly with a QF WP (OWE) card, but unsure with other airline OWE cards).
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
At T3 QF (domestic) there are 2 lounges. One is the Qantas Club lounge and the other is the QF Business Lounge. The latter is for cards with green spots and domestic Business class pax (and is the preferred place to be - if only to be in a nicer atmosphere without the general "riff-raff" - but you'll get more self important DWKHIAs who patrol the floor yelling into their phones). I don't know if you'll get into the Business lounge with a BA J BP though (certainly with a QF WP (OWE) card, but unsure with other airline OWE cards).
Thanks og ^

/AE
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by og
I don't know if you'll get into the Business lounge with a BA J BP though (certainly with a QF WP (OWE) card, but unsure with other airline OWE cards).
According to the oneworld website there should be no issue accessing the Domestic J Lounge after arriving in BA J:

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

Regards,

BD
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks BD ^

/AE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.