FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Where to see miles expiration date? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1690917-where-see-miles-expiration-date.html)

ConciergeBrandon Jun 28, 2015 2:29 am

Where to see miles expiration date?

I looked hi and lo in my account activity, profile, etc... couldn't find it. It is not listed under the availabe miles. Very frustrated.

Thanks in advance for pointing the way.

eminere Jun 28, 2015 3:35 am

It is not listed because your points do not expire as long as you have activity in the past 18 months.

serfty Jun 28, 2015 6:18 am

I would suggest it is not listed because Qantas Frequent flyer's bean counters believe they can increase net revenue (through "breakage") by not having the information readily available.

The only way I can ascertain to find the points expiry month of an account is to actually call up and ask.

og Jun 28, 2015 10:22 am

Why not check the last points earning activity and add 18 months?

DH188 Jun 28, 2015 10:40 am

Redeeming points also counts as activity for this purpose.

serfty Jun 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 25038709)
Why not check the last points earning activity and add 18 months?

It does not work (online) if your last activity was more than 12 but less than 18 months ago.

og Jun 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 25040016)
It does not work (online) if your last activity was more than 12 but less than 18 months ago.

hmmm. Now I understand more about the OP's issue.

Mwenenzi Jun 29, 2015 1:18 am

But you can edit the url to change the date. ;)
https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/do/...onthChoice=May12&sortMethod=sortByDate&displayAction=month&stateme ntEarliestDate=16Feb15&statementLatestDate=29Jun15
The range will auto change

serfty Jun 29, 2015 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 25041710)
But you can edit the url to change the date. ;)
https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/do/...onthChoice=May12&sortMethod=sortByDate&displayAction=month&stateme ntEarliestDate=16Feb15&statementLatestDate=29Jun15
The range will auto change

Not everyone has the nous to do such a thing.

Nor do Qantas publicise that this is possible.

This all takes us back to post #3.

ConciergeBrandon Jun 30, 2015 1:59 am

This :o

ConciergeBrandon Jun 30, 2015 2:59 am

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 25038001)
I would suggest it is not listed because Qantas Frequent flyer's bean counters believe they can increase net revenue (through "breakage") by not having the information readily available.

The only way I can ascertain to find the points expiry month of an account is to actually call up and ask.

I followed your advice by calling. Have been back and forth (now on hold) with the agent for 45 minutes now. She couldn't see the expiration date either. Had to go ask someone. Came back, told me they could only see account activity page for up to past 13 months. Seriously?!?

She put me on hold again, went to seek help.

She is back now as I type. Still could not find the expiration date for my points!

So she suggests that I email [email protected] to request a copy of my statement for the past 18 months!

I cannot possibly make this up! Unbelievable!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r!!!

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jun 30, 2015 6:41 am

Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon (Post 25047375)
I followed your advice by calling. Have been back and forth (now on hold) with the agent for 45 minutes now. She couldn't see the expiration date either. Had to go ask someone. Came back, told me they could only see account activity page for up to past 13 months. Seriously?!?

She put me on hold again, went to seek help.

She is back now as I type. Still could not find the expiration date for my points!

So she suggests that I email [email protected] to request a copy of my statement for the past 18 months!

I cannot possibly make this up! Unbelievable!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r!!!

In the meantime... make sure your QF profile is set up to receive your monthly frequent flyer 'points and news' emails.

Qantas will let you know in one of those if your points are about to expire... but... apparently the warning is not that easy to find... like it's somewhere near then end. So keep an eye out. (It's not like AA where they send you multiple explicit emails warning you that your miles are about to expire.)

You might also want to sign up to something like the Qantas search tool bar for internet searches. I think you earn a point per search or something. That will renew your 18 months. (Use the tool bar carefully, or delete it after the required number of searches as apparently QF keeps track of your search history!)

ConciergeBrandon Jun 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Kept thinking, what year are we in?

If their system knows when the expitation date is, why can't the agents see/find it? (I did pose the question to the agent, she said it was the computer that sent out the notification email automatically but she had no idea how many days in advance. So, only the Qantas COMPUTER knows, no one else does, until you get the email!)

This is beyond laughable, really. :td: :td: :td: :td:

Globaliser Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

It used to be that if you used the website function to print your activity statement, the field immediately below "Total points" was "Last activity", giving the month. The expiry date was then the last day of the month 18 months later.

Sometime after September 2013 and before July 2014, that "Last activity" field disappeared from the statement.

It's obviously going to be ever more useful to use the function to print (to PDF) and then save the statements.

og Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

It does assume the account holder is a frequent flyer .... And it assumes that since QF is setting up QF FF as a virtual currency, that there would be enough usage so the 18 month issue would rarely appear. But, yes, I agree that (again) QF IT is pathetic.