Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

No Welcome on Qantas domestic flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Has Qantas stopped the individual seat 'welcome' for Platinum frequent flyers on domestic flights?

I flew on QF411 today and I didn't get any special welcome?

I'm assuming it's another benefit they've taken from Platinums and now only provide to Platinum Ones?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Better Asked in the Qantas Forum

You'll get a better answer if you ask in the Qantas forum.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

We've many fora dealing with different topic, so we've moved your query from TalkBoard Topics to the forum dedicated to Qantas.

JDiver,
Senior Moderator
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:43 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This varies depending on the CSM. It's such a short sector that they are probably rushing to serve the J pax meals prior to descent.

Welcome to FT!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I've seen P1s going without greetings, and as a mere Platinum I haven't had a personal greeting on domestic QF flights for a long time other than a quick "welcome back" at the door, so I don't think it's consistently offered to P1 or Platinum.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:14 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Lots of WPs on some flights - so much so that it'd look somewhat silly and take too much time.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RossB Welcome to the forum

Would a fake welcome make you feel better?
With me, 99% of crew cannot pronounce my surname, so the false welcome was prominent (when I was Plat)(
All passengers are just self load cargo. Platinum’s and Platinum Ones are many.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by RossB
Has Qantas stopped the individual seat 'welcome' for Platinum frequent flyers on domestic flights?

I flew on QF411 today and I didn't get any special welcome?

I'm assuming it's another benefit they've taken from Platinums and now only provide to Platinum Ones?
RossB, there were 43 Platinum and above FF's on that service yesterday, that's just shy of 1/4 of the passengers on board, just to add some perspective. It's definitely still a "benefit" but perhaps there was something else going on that day/flight that you were not aware of that didn't allow an opportunity to acknowledge your loyalty and thank you for your continued custom. Just saying....
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Two weeks ago, CSM came wandering down the cabin with iPad in hand and stopped and welcomed the pax sat in 13D. Then glanced back at the iPad and greeted me in 13F.

Unfortunately, I was sat in 14F.

Regards,

BD
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:28 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BD1959
Two weeks ago, CSM came wandering down the cabin with iPad in hand and stopped and welcomed the pax sat in 13D. Then glanced back at the iPad and greeted me in 13F.

Unfortunately, I was sat in 14F.

Regards,

BD
There is a level of discretion and diplomacy required with the use of such tools that seems to be missing from the training of QF CSMs. Some are able to integrate it naturally, but others seem to miss the idea that the greeting is supposed to appear genuine and not prompted by an iPad.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m0hamed
There is a level of discretion and diplomacy required with the use of such tools that seems to be missing from the training of QF CSMs. Some are able to integrate it naturally, but others seem to miss the idea that the greeting is supposed to appear genuine and not prompted by an iPad.
Does anyone actually not think that it is simply being prompted by a computer

I don't see that there is any value in the scripted greeting.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by RossB
What benefit does one derive from being greeted personally?

It always feels so contrived and awkward, I'd say removing it would be a genuine "enhancement".
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Does anyone actually not think that it is simply being prompted by a computer
I don't think that's really the issue.

The issue is whether it's obviously being done because "the computer is telling me that I have to go and read out this script to the people on this list", or because "I genuinely want to go to say hello to the highest tier passengers on the flight, and the computer is reminding me who they are".

The two approaches are done differently, and feel very different. Few manage to pull off the second one well.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The issue is whether it's obviously being done because "the computer is telling me that I have to go and read out this script to the people on this list", or because "I genuinely want to go to say hello to the highest tier passengers on the flight, and the computer is reminding me who they are".
I doubt that there are many that would be doing it for the 2nd reason
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I doubt that there are many that would be doing it for the 2nd reason
Why not? It's part of the job that they're there to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.