Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wasted Points/Money in J with kids?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
So what's the difference between a drink idiot making a ruckus, paying for an F fare, and a brat (carrying on the way that brats do) causing a ruckus, paying an F fare?

Both have paid the same fare, the only difference I can see is that the brat's action is instinctive, and the p1ss3d idiot's behaviour is brought on by the supply of alcohol in the lounge before the flight.

Go ahead and say that the brat should be banned, but from personal experience I think that it is the F passenger who is more of a problem to the rest of the cabin.

Dave

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Mar 10, 2016 at 2:30 am
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Of course they have the right to be in F but is it a good idea if the child has potential of being disruptive?
All passengers have the potential of being disruptive - therefore it is a good idea for no passengers to be in 1st class
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:47 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
All passengers have the potential of being disruptive - therefore it is a good idea for no passengers to be in 1st class
The crew would just love that. Perfect for staff travel and a crew rest area.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
When flying economy you are paying a basic fare where you can expect that there will be disturbances. In first class and business class you are paying a premium fare where one of the benefits is to have an environment where disturbances are minimised to allow for sleep, work or whatever else you are inclined to do. Airlines should for that amount of money have actions they can implement to deal with disturbances more than just shrugging their shoulders as if the expectation is that there is nothing they can do.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:00 pm

That may be your expectation , but where does the airline actiually state that the behaviours of other passengers is something that is part of the cabin purchase?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:48 pm

That may be your expectation , but where does the airline actiually state that the behaviours of other passengers is something that is part of the cabin purchase?
I have seen many advertisements for premium class cabins spruiking their ability to get you to the destination relaxed and refreshed. Whether they are in the terms and conditions or not if they advertise something in Australia and dont deliver then they can be sued for false and misleading advertising.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I have seen many advertisements for premium class cabins spruiking their ability to get you to the destination relaxed and refreshed. Whether they are in the terms and conditions or not if they advertise something in Australia and dont deliver then they can be sued for false and misleading advertising.
Can you pull the bow any harder?

If not arriving "relaxed and refreshed" was grounds for misleading advertising complaint then I know plenty of people who fly in J/F who can't sleep on planes, find the lie flat beds uncomfortable and cramped, and arrive anything but relaxed and refreshed.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:17 pm

I cannot believe that there is any chance that any claim of misleading advertising based on the actions of other passengers would be anything other than laughed at
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:43 pm

I cannot believe that there is any chance that any claim of misleading advertising based on the actions of other passengers would be anything other than laughed at
Fortunately your belief is not relevant and while you may think it funny there are many actions in law that win. However if you advertise it and dont deliver you are liable. If other passengers were at fault and the airline does not have processes and procedures or fails to follow them they are still at fault as it is something that is easily predictable that sometimes there will be passengers causing disturbance. Much of law is based on precedent and the fact that you dont consider it actionable doesnt mean it isnt. Then again suing someone for excessive flatulance in the cabin could well generate some levity.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:51 pm

Find an advert that states that there will be no objectionable people in the cabin
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:59 pm

Find an advert that states that there will be no objectionable people in the cabin
You dont need to. Objectionable people must follow the instructions of the cabin crew/ captain therefore they have the power to correct the problem. We are talking about prolonged disturbance here where the flight experience is compromised by something that is within the crews control. There are many examples of crew exercising their control, people being thrown off flights for their dress/ behaviour, even having a suspicious name.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:42 pm

Knock yaself out trying and let me know how you get on suing an airline based on the advert and the behaviour of passengers

There is a very limited set of things that the crew have the authority to direct a passenger to follow and these relate to safety

The crew , for example, cannot order a passenger to not recline during a meal service
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:01 pm

Knock yaself out trying and let me know how you get on suing an airline based on the advert and the behaviour of passengers

There is a very limited set of things that the crew have the authority to direct a passenger to follow and these relate to safety

The crew , for example, cannot order a passenger to not recline during a meal service
You seem to like having the last word Dave so feel free to have it as its reaching a dead end. Everyone is free to take whatever action they want in regard to this topic. Listening to your advice it would be that anyone can do whatever they like on a flight and you have no recourse so dont bother. Well the only way to change that scenario is to do something like file complaints, get the cabin crew to address the issue, have a brawl at 10,000 m, undertake legal action, complain on flyer talk or fly with someone else. The least productive would be reading your thoughts on the matter or following your advice.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I've flown the better part of my life in premium cabins and rarely seen a disruptive adult, of those and even more rare is that they stay disruptive the entire flight as do many children under 10. I have however seen MANY disruptive children in comparison and would take a disruptive adult over a screaming crying baby anyway of the week.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Their money, their choice!

First and biz class still gets you all the benefits of check-in, lounge, space, no fighting for overhead lockers, food served when you want it.

Babies cry. But it's the attitude of the parents that matters. Are they sitting doing nothing? (very annoying)... or actively trying to resolve the problem? (the best we can expect)

Toddlers should not be allowed to run amok in a cabin. But supervised walks seem fair enough.

How did you deal with the situation on your flights? Did you approach the parents and ask them to resolve the problem?

Fully agree with every point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.