Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-HNL J award availability?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:45 am
Original Poster

SYD-HNL J award availability?

I searched a whole series of dates in Feb and Mar 2016 looking at award availability to Hawaii in J, and couldn't find a single date with available seats, other than via Fiji on Fiji Airways.

Would zero availability on QF direct be usual?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:40 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
I searched a whole series of dates in Feb and Mar 2016 looking at award availability to Hawaii in J, and couldn't find a single date with available seats, other than via Fiji on Fiji Airways.

Would zero availability on QF direct be usual?
Availability is based on status. What status do you hold?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Availability is based on status. What status do you hold?
To be clear, while Qantas do often provide greater availability for those with status, this is not always the case.

Still, knowing the status of the OP could be useful to assist in a pertinent reply.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
What status do you hold?
Gold
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:05 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
Gold
Good but not good enough (sorry about that). Notwithstanding, you'd be fairly high up the upgrade priority lottery list if you are prepared to pay for an eligible upgradable ticket. There is always JQ or HAL. The FJ option doesn't really warm my heart!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:28 am

Yes, well lots of opportunity to earn QFFF points (and thereby QF earning revenue) but redeeming them for 'classic' award business class seats on QF. Well, that's quite another story. As many will testify. They are as rare as hen's teeth. Unfortunately, you'll be lucky to find more than 1 seat on most routes, regardless of status really, even if you book a year ahead. Frankly, I think it is a bit of a waste of points to consider traveling business with JQ in *class (that is really premium econ) FJ business on a 737 & certainly in QF economy when the surcharges are so high.

I am currently a QF Gold and have used QF points a lot over the years to travel in business. In fact, last month I used over 600,000 QF points on business class trips with CX (a far superior airline) and like many, I have now switched 95% of my domestic flying to Virgin Australia. It didn't take me long to earn platinum and 500,000 points. Redeeming them, well we shall see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.