Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas LAX-MEL in Business Class - Pajamas Logistics??

Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Seems like an odd question, unless you've never been on a long haul flight in business class where they give you pajamas.

Heading to MEL from LAX tomorrow, and I understand I'll be given pajamas - which is nice, because I am 35 hours in planes and airports before landing in MEL.

But..I have logistical questions:

1. Are PJ's offered right away as you board?
2. Do most people use them?
3. When do you change?
4. Where do you change?
5. What do you do with your street clothes?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by Toddcan
Seems like an odd question, unless you've never been on a long haul flight in business class where they give you pajamas.

Heading to MEL from LAX tomorrow, and I understand I'll be given pajamas - which is nice, because I am 35 hours in planes and airports before landing in MEL.

But..I have logistical questions:

1. Are PJ's offered right away as you board?
2. Do most people use them?
3. When do you change?
4. Where do you change?
5. What do you do with your street clothes?

Thanks in advance!
1. Usually
2. Up to 50%
3. I change before push back, although a lot wait till after meal service.
4. Toilets
5. Fold them up an put them in the side bin or overhead lockers.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
You should never ever change to pyjamas (or even take your shoes off) before the pushback. Many airlines will not even let you do so for the safety reasons (evacuation).
nancypants and Flytwit like this.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
As per above, I NEVER remove shoes until after takeoff. Whilst the F QF pyjamas are moderately fashionable, I'd never be seen in public wearing the J pyjamas. So, incase of that 1:100000000 chance of an evacuation (or whatever the odds are), just wait until the seatbelt sign goes off before changing in the toilets (not in your seat - please (yes it does occasionally happen)). There's enough room in the side bins or overheads for your folded clothes (crew will only take jackets).
trooper likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
They often give them early, but QF staff will give them whenever you ask. I always change into them straight away in the toilet as will many others - I'd say 75% use them. I'd keep my shoes on/handy for safety.

The trick is changing out of them when everyone else wants to before breakfast and avoiding the queue.
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
They often give them early, but QF staff will give them whenever you ask. I always change into them straight away in the toilet as will many others - I'd say 75% use them. I'd keep my shoes on/handy for safety.

The trick is changing out of them when everyone else wants to before breakfast and avoiding the queue.
Totally agree. By far most pax will wear them, top and bottom. Odd few will wear only top. I always have mine waiting on my seat as per a request I made appear on my in-flight profile. I change straight away while boarding takes place. I'll never understand why some people pay for a flat bed, duvet etc yet will choose to sleep in their clothes. Take the PJ's and enjoy them for lazy days at home. First Class PJ's are def better quality and will not only look better but last longer.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I always have mine waiting on my seat as per a request I made appear on my in-flight profile.
How did you get that to appear in your profile?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: Qantas WP, LTG , Delta, SPG, Priority Club
If you put your street clothes on a hanger, the Qantas staff will hang them in a cupboard for you.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by eminere
How did you get that to appear in your profile?
Was chatting with F class lounge ladies in SYD a few yrs back and they had it uploaded onto my inflight profile. Now it appears on the CSM's little iPad so 7/10 times my PJ's are on my seat when I board as opposed to waiting for them to be handed out.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:07 am

Flying SFO-SYD, thought I might bump this thread. I take it Qantas still provides pajamas in business class for this flight? If they aren't at seat upon boarding, will they distribute upon request, or in any event with enough time to change before pushback?

thanks
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:25 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Flying SFO-SYD, thought I might bump this thread. I take it Qantas still provides pajamas in business class for this flight? If they aren't at seat upon boarding, will they distribute upon request, or in any event with enough time to change before pushback?
The PJs come in 2 sizes so you wont find them on the seat when you arrive. Small/medium and medium/large. If you specifically want small or large its best to ask early incase they run out of one particular size. I prefer to change after takeoff immediately after the seatbelt light goes out.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:45 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Was chatting with F class lounge ladies in SYD a few yrs back and they had it uploaded onto my inflight profile. Now it appears on the CSM's little iPad so 7/10 times my PJ's are on my seat when I board as opposed to waiting for them to be handed out.
It's a WP perk (one of the few unpublished perks left).
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I am flying LAX-BNE later this week in J. Are they still providing pajamas?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
I am flying LAX-BNE later this week in J. Are they still providing pajamas?
yes they are
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

On a recent flight from London I was on, it seems that the strange fascination with airline romper suits is abating - seemed like less than half of people actually took them when offered

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.