Qantas First Class Lounge, LAX

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 18, 17, 11:43 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: serfty
Wiki Link
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non AAdvantage oneworld Emerald travelling on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. AAdvantage Executive Platinum travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First Class passengers travelling on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from an international short haul or domestic oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  5. First Class passengers^ travelling on a transcontinental American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight between Los Angeles & New York or Los Angeles & Miami.
* A "North American* Itinerary" is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day.
^ Regarding AA EXP in any cabin. This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on JFK/MIA transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, YOUR QUESTION MAY BE ANSWERED BELOW

Lounge access rules

All non-AA Oneworld Emerald members have access to this lounge on any oneworld itinerary regardless of cabin or final destination.

AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day.

No Class of Service access for domestic F without non AA Emerald status unless on designated (generally 3-class) flights to JFK and MIA.

Passengers on any 3-cabin AA flight to JFK or MIA in First Class or in Business or Economy with status, AA oneworld Emerald holders have access.

Emirates pax do not have access except for Qantas Platinum One. EDIT: Appears to be that Qantas removed that access criteria from their lounge access page so I wouldn't count on this working.

No access if connecting to a non-Oneworld airline or partner.

Separate tickets within oneworld do not matter other than it has to be same day . E.g. QF F to AA Y on the same day.

To walk from T4 to TBIT will take approximately 10 minutes one way so plan accordingly if visiting this lounge.

More detail here: Lounge Access | oneworld.com
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 28, 19, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA LT PLT
Originally Posted by rbw5t View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't see it upthread or in the wiki... Are any guests permitted in the lounge? My family of 4 is flying LAX-MEL, with 2 of us in F and the other 2 in J (bc we couldn't find availability for 4 tix in F, were lucky to find 2 and 2!). Will the two of us in F be able to bring the two in J into the lounge with us? Would be nice to get the kids showered and fed in LA before the overnight flight (and we will have been coming from the East Coast, so a break in the lounge will be nice). Thanks in advance for any insight as to what to expect!
Yes 2+2 should work. According to Qantas.com... "One guest is allowed who must be traveling with the member on the same flight"
https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en
rbw5t likes this.
Old Feb 28, 19, 1:46 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rbw5t View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't see it upthread or in the wiki...

Are any guests permitted in the lounge? My family of 4 is flying LAX-MEL, with 2 of us in F and the other 2 in J (bc we couldn't find availability for 4 tix in F, were lucky to find 2 and 2!). Will the two of us in F be able to bring the two in J into the lounge with us? Would be nice to get the kids showered and fed in LA before the overnight flight (and we will have been coming from the East Coast, so a break in the lounge will be nice).

Thanks in advance for any insight as to what to expect!
Int'l long haul F Class passengers can invite one guest to an OW F Lounge, so since you have 2 F pax, then you can invite 2 others to join you. Enjoy! p.s. Remember you'll also have access to any OW lounges, if available, when you are departing from where ever your departing from on the East Coast.
rbw5t likes this.
Old Feb 28, 19, 1:51 pm

Programs: SAS Silver, Finnair Gold, Starbucks Gold and statusless elsewhere
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Yes 2+2 should work. According to Qantas.com... "One guest is allowed who must be traveling with the member on the same flight"
https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en
The "same flight" point is contrary to OW rules as why isn't a QF F pax allowed to bring a guest but a CX F pax can bring any guest on any OW flight?
Old Feb 28, 19, 11:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Airlines are able to make more restrictive rules for their own members
eg. AA elite FFs accessing AA clubs (and indeed the QF LAX lounges) on domestic itins.
Old Apr 3, 19, 6:22 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Spring All Day Menu

Old Apr 3, 19, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Amtrak, WN
Glad to see the Perrier Jouet is still around. IIRC, it was missing from the last menu and I was afraid it was going to be gone for good!
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Hyatt - Globalist, Bonvoy - Gold, Hilton - Gold
Does anyone know when they stop serving from the a la carte menu? Taking a 1am AA flight to HKG in June and planning to hit up the lounge for the first time as an EXP. It looks like the lounge closes at 11:30pm but I'm thinking they may close the a la carte earlier?
Old Apr 20, 19, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA CK (3MM), Marriott LTT and Ambassador
It seems that some of the access rule issues for OWE with domestic connections may be resolved -- today I had absolutely no issue getting into the lounge (my first time!) as an AA CK (OWE) after coming in from an AA international flight and connecting to an AA domestic flight.

p.s. the FT presence is strong at the lounge today -- I'm currently looking at 2 luggage tags, plus I'm here posting live
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 20, 19, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ikwia View Post
It seems that some of the access rule issues for OWE with domestic connections may be resolved -- today I had absolutely no issue getting into the lounge (my first time!) as an AA CK (OWE) after coming in from an AA international flight and connecting to an AA domestic flight.

p.s. the FT presence is strong at the lounge today -- I'm currently looking at 2 luggage tags, plus I'm here posting live
Well , clearly they have lowered their entry standards then.
Old Apr 20, 19, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA CK (3MM), Marriott LTT and Ambassador
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
Well , clearly they have lowered their entry standards then.
I'm genuinely unclear if that's a joke referring to the multiple FTers in the lounge, or a serious comment suggesting I did not qualify for entry.
Old Apr 20, 19, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by apschneider84 View Post
Does anyone know when they stop serving from the a la carte menu? Taking a 1am AA flight to HKG in June and planning to hit up the lounge for the first time as an EXP. It looks like the lounge closes at 11:30pm but I'm thinking they may close the a la carte earlier?
From my experience - when the last QF flight has departed for Australia. We've come through and had a meal after midnight due to being delayed out of JFK.