Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas offers New Zealanders a Gold status match

Qantas offers New Zealanders a Gold status match

Old Mar 31, 15, 12:42 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan View Post
I never received an email telling me my match was accepted, but I applied the first week of March using my A3*G card and looks like I was accepted. I've never even been to New Zealand, just used http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
And how do you plan to board an international aircraft using a fake name?
Old Mar 31, 15, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
And how do you plan to board an international aircraft using a fake name?
Yeah, I will use my fake passport...

What on earth are you talking about? Did you even look at that site? I just generated a fake address in New Zealand for my real name, thanks!
Old Mar 31, 15, 12:53 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Yeah, I will use my fake passport...

What on earth are you talking about? Did you even look at that site? I just generated a fake address in New Zealand for my real name, thanks!
Why would I? I have better things to do with my time. You committed fraud to take advantage of a status match. Will be interesting if your card and luggage tags get RTS.
Old Mar 31, 15, 3:24 am

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G
My pack arrived a week ago. Was approved on 11th March, so took 2 week from approval to card arriving.
Old Apr 13, 15, 12:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Marriott/Starwood Gold, BA Bronze, Alaska MVP
I got my Qantas Gold card a month ago but American Airlines do not recognize it. Anyone else have this problem?
Old Apr 13, 15, 12:49 am

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G
Originally Posted by Enigma368 View Post
I got my Qantas Gold card a month ago but American Airlines do not recognize it. Anyone else have this problem?
What do you mean by they don't "recognize" it? As in, they are refusing to honour it, or their system says no?
Old Apr 13, 15, 1:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Marriott/Starwood Gold, BA Bronze, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by ajobbins View Post
What do you mean by they don't "recognize" it? As in, they are refusing to honour it, or their system says no?
System says "no". Says I am just a regular member. BA recognise it as sapphire just fine. I had to put one of my bags in another to avoid bag charge (I am OW ruby with BA which they did recognize).

Should I contact Qantas to resolve this or AA? The checkin agent said I needed to contact Qantas..
Old Apr 13, 15, 2:27 am

How do they "not recognize it"? JAL has no issue with mine...
Old Apr 14, 15, 4:58 pm

How do they "not recognize it"? JAL has no issue with mine...
The checkin agent typed it in and said it was showing as just a regular membership, not Qantas Gold or OW Sapphire. He tried twice.

I guess I might have to contact Qantas.
Old Apr 14, 15, 11:51 pm

Programs: QF WP / LTG
The checkin agent typed it in and said it was showing as just a regular membership, not Qantas Gold or OW Sapphire. He tried twice.

I guess I might have to contact Qantas.
Sometimes it takes a while for airlines to get the correct status from Oneworld. Not all airlines update their databases at the same time. eg. JAL might update their system on a Monday and AA might update on a Friday. Give it a week or so, if AA dosent reflect your status, then give QF a ring. =)
Old May 5, 15, 5:06 pm

I got my Qantas Gold crd a month ago but American Airlines do not recognize it. Anyone else have this problem?
I am experiencing the same issue when adding my QF Gold number to my AA reservation. I called AA and they said that though their system has received and accepted the number, it does not come up as OW Sapphire. They said there's nothing they can do and I have to call Qantas.

I called Qantas and they said that from their part I am Gold/Sapphire and there's nothing they can do - they sent me back to AA.

Anyone have ideas or advice for me?

Thanks!
Old May 5, 15, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Roch24 View Post
I am experiencing the same issue when adding my QF Gold number to my AA reservation. I called AA and they said that though their system has received and accepted the number, it does not come up as OW Sapphire. They said there's nothing they can do and I have to call Qantas.

I called Qantas and they said that from their part I am Gold/Sapphire and there's nothing they can do - they sent me back to AA.

Anyone have ideas or advice for me?

Thanks!
No, but I did fly BA both before and after the problems I had with AA and BA recognise it as Sapphire just fine.

This would appear to be an AA specific problem or at least a Qantas to AA communication problem. Problem is AA will blame Qantas and Qantas will blame AA. The AA staff at LAX were thoroughly unhelpful. I would suggest getting Qantas to confirm your OW status in writing and send that to someone in AA. Maybe hassle AA on twitter?

I have no plans to fly AA for the forseeable future so for now I am playing the "wait and see if it resolves itself" game..
Old May 8, 15, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0.1; HTC6525LVW Build/LRX22C) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.111 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Weird. Worked ok for me in aa this month