Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Dom J lounge - decent weekend breakfast?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Hi all - will be arriving QF10 on a Friday night, staying at the Melbourne airport hotel (Parkroyal) and leaving for Perth late Saturday morning

Does the Mel domestic J lounge have a decent weekend breakfast spread? If so what time do they stop serving breakfast and roll out lunch ? Is their a gap between servings?

Wondering if I should stump up for breakfast at the hotel.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There's a limited range (2 or three options) of hot food (scrambled eggs, perhaps bacon/sausages/bean cassoulet etc.) generally available until at least 8:30am ... they used to clear that away after that but I have come across reports it may be out later - maybe 9:00am to 9:30am.

Continental breakfast is available until around 10:30am when they clear away to toasters.

Soup and other options come out near midday.

FWIW, I'm planning on breakfasting there this Saturday, but have a 9am flight so can't view what happens after then.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

8.30am!! Was planning to have a lie in!

But thanks for your quick response!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
IME the breakfast buffet is available at least until 9:30am (possibly a bit later but that is the latest I have been there in the mornings recently).
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I have seen it there after 9 on weekends, but usually pretty slim pickings, and I'd say potentially a bit cold.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The MEL J lounge has quite good barista coffee actually made to your specifications (and Melbourne is home to some of the world's finest coffee, so high praise) and the pancake machine is available at all hours ... I generally ignore the rather poor eggs etc. and stick to muesli and pancakes, much nicer. There tend to be a choice of dozen different items available until after 11 even if the eggs/sausages disappear earlier. There isn't a gap to lunch from what I've seen. The Parkroyal isn't stellar food, suspect the J lounge will be better unless you really want an omelette.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Second the pancake machine...
i wouldn't stump up for breakfast at a hotel (the food is pretty normal at hotels in my view) and just go to the lounge and / or eat on the plane. but i don't typically eat a heavy breakfast anyway...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.