Old Feb 12, 15, 12:49 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
No shoes, no shirt, no service

OMG, QF wants QP entrants to be nicely dressed:

http://www.smh.com.au/executive-styl...12-13d2mg.html

It's a moot point in SYD since they closed the T2 lounge. This keeps most of the JQ riff-raff out of sight of those wearing blazers, chinos, collared shirts and shoes.
Old Feb 12, 15, 2:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
And you are happy or unhappy about it?

I for one think it is a good move...
Old Feb 12, 15, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like non-news really. This has been in the T&Cs just poorly enforced

I think it is disappointing that the airline is classing high visibility clothes as being smart casual

Originally Posted by QC T&C
10.7 Smart, casual dress standards apply at all times. Individual lounge managers will have discretion to administer these standards as they reasonably deem appropriate in the circumstances.
I don't see the reason for insulting people who use jetstar though
Old Feb 12, 15, 3:00 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
QF announcement here:
http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/qf/info/201502/0213

Hi-vis and cheap suits still OK
Old Feb 12, 15, 10:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
And you are happy or unhappy about it?

I for one think it is a good move...
I'm very happy they will enforce things like no bare feet... ugh.

I'm not so happy about the vagueness. It's clear that singlets and bare feet are out, and suits are in. That leaves a lot in between - what about jeans? etc.

Although I certainly wouldn't consider myself a slob, I don't wear business attire when traveling for leisure, e.g. jeans and a collared windcheater. I wouldn't be very happy if I was disallowed because of this when meanwhile there are screaming kids and people talking obnoxiously loud on mobiles in quiet zones (which I'd personally find more annoying than someone wearing gym shorts and minding their own business).
Old Feb 12, 15, 10:38 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jridge View Post

I'm not so happy about the vagueness. It's clear that singlets and bare feet are out, and suits are in. That leaves a lot in between - what about jeans? etc.

Although I certainly wouldn't consider myself a slob, I don't wear business attire when traveling for leisure, e.g. jeans and a collared windcheater. I wouldn't be very happy if I was disallowed because of this when meanwhile there are screaming kids and people talking obnoxiously loud on mobiles in quiet zones (which I'd personally find more annoying than someone wearing gym shorts and minding their own business).
My opinion too. And while they are at it, how about banning people from wandering around the aircraft cabin in bare feet - and worse still putting them on the bulkhead at the front of the rows.

I'll be happy so,long as I can wear shorts with runners (and a collared shirt) into the Flounge

And I aoplogise to anyone who travels on JQ who may have been offended by implication from my OP - and that is directed to me as a JQ traveller as well.
Old Feb 12, 15, 3:47 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald. GF Black; Accor Silver; Hyatt Discoverist.
Slightly OT.

On a recent transit in DXB (en route to LHR from SYD) the QF pax coming off certainly stood out from EK premium pax in the first lounge by miles...in a way you could tell the difference between the local Arab/Euro expat dress and the 'casual Aussie' pax. We certainly are a casual bunch which is fair considering distances we fly.
Old Feb 12, 15, 4:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
No shoes, no shirt, no service

realistically, I can't see this affecting too many people.
Old Feb 12, 15, 5:22 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
I hope they ban sleeveless singlets ( T sirts) on men too !
Old Feb 12, 15, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Silver, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by jridge View Post

This.

My attire of choice for long-haul flights - (clean, neat) jeans, (clean, non-branded) t-shirt, fleecy jacket and runners - should be at least as "socially acceptable" as hi-vis, King Gee work wear and steel-toed boots.
Old Feb 12, 15, 7:17 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
I was in the Melbourne QP a few weeks ago. The person sitting next to me answered his mobile and then proceeded to give what was obviously a radio interview about the previous day's Big Bash cricket match. When he signed off I looked over to see who it was (didn't recognise him, but I'm not a T20 fan) and noticed that he was wearing thongs. I generally don't give a toss what anyone wears, but I thought that was stretching the definition of smart casual to breaking point.

Last time I was in the LAX oneworld business lounge I saw a couple of men in tank tops, which I similarly consider to be taking the piss with regards to the published dress standards.

Glad to see QF expecting at least a minimal standard in their lounges.

I agree with Dave Noble that hi-vis gear isn't appropriate.
Old Feb 12, 15, 7:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Think its just poor wording.

Smart casual in my mind is more than jeans and a t-shirt.

Excluding thongs, tanktops only would be
Casual - no beachwear or sportswear
Old Feb 12, 15, 7:49 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alan in CBR View Post
That may cause a few problems in PER. Hi-vis shirts generally do have collars - and I suggest you have zero percent chance of those guys wearing thongs (the foot ware - not the underware).
Old Feb 12, 15, 7:52 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

QF isn't going to deny access to the thousands? of FIFO workers, many of whom are WP. Just look at PER. My understanding is they have to arrive on site in uniform.
Old Feb 12, 15, 7:57 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

Much hi viz these days isnt vests, the actual clothing is hi viz, so new yiu are just arguing about a colour.

Search this Thread