Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No shoes, no shirt, no service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I think some are just jealous that the hi-vis crowd aren't stuck behind a desk in an office.

:ducking:
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by jridge
..I'm not so happy about the vagueness. It's clear that singlets and bare feet are out, and suits are in. That leaves a lot in between - what about jeans? etc.....
I agree. I does sound like a cheap form of capacity control. Once they run out of bacon or seats all the following passengers will be too ugly to enter the domestic lounges.

Glad that for the intl. F lounge I can still be the usual dirtbag without fear of rejection .....
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:35 am

What I find fascinating is they cite a number of complaints they have received.

They should weed out the complaints by people who are on corporate expense accounts, those flying Y but have accumulated QF status etc. It's often the ones who can't afford it but will do the complaining.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
Originally Posted by jridge
..I'm not so happy about the vagueness. It's clear that singlets and bare feet are out, and suits are in. That leaves a lot in between - what about jeans? etc.....
I agree. I does sound like a cheap form of capacity control. Once they run out of bacon or seats all the following passengers will be too ugly to enter the domestic lounges.

Glad that for the intl. F lounge I can still be the usual dirtbag without fear of rejection .....
If they actially do enforce anything, the number of people affectef will be so small as to have a negligible effect on crowding....
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by 747-444
They should weed out the complaints by people who are on corporate expense accounts, those flying Y but have accumulated QF status etc. .
Yeah, it is the people that fly all the time for work that are the problem isn't it?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by perthite
If they actially do enforce anything, the number of people affectef will be so small as to have a negligible effect on crowding....
You kept the positive view of QF! I am still quite angered that they axed my FRA-SIN flight.
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
..On a recent transit in DXB (en route to LHR from SYD) the QF pax coming off certainly stood out from EK premium pax in the first lounge by miles...in a way you could tell the difference between the local Arab/Euro expat dress and the 'casual Aussie' pax..
When I first the thread I wondered if that was an integration effort to the advanced prudery @EK and its customers ... but it just read like a verbal assertion that the age old premium standards of QF shall be upheld. So likely nothing new at all.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
[QUOTE=Alan in CBR;24342142]I generally don't give a toss what anyone wears, but I thought that was stretching the definition of smart casual to breaking point.

QUOTE]

I sometimes wear thongs when travelling in paid premium lounges as does my husband. We wear smart casual, often knee length shorts when going on holidays. There are thongs and there are thongs.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
[QUOTE=Annalisa12;24375008]
Originally Posted by Alan in CBR
I generally don't give a toss what anyone wears, but I thought that was stretching the definition of smart casual to breaking point.

QUOTE]

I sometimes wear thongs when travelling in paid premium lounges as does my husband. We wear smart casual, often knee length shorts when going on holidays. There are thongs and there are thongs.
Two thongs will make it right.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Great announcement from QF that is long overdue. You can't use Miranda Kerr as the face of the airline and allow the lounges to be overrun by slobs and bogans.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Great announcement from QF that is long overdue. You can't use Miranda Kerr as the face of the airline and allow the lounges to be overrun by slobs and bogans.
No, you would use Lara Bingle for that.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:38 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Clothing is not the sole determiner of a slob or bogan. Frankly, I find the drunken men in suits on a Friday afternoon with their colleagues more offensive when QF don't implement the RSA. Just because it's free doesn't mean you have to down as many schooners as possible.

What about those that decide to take a conference call or Skype/Facetime on speaker disturbing everyone around them? Or the parents that won't control their child?

Behaviour counts far more than what one wears.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Though 'smart casual' will always be open to interpretation, I think QF have made it fairly clear what their interpretation is with their announcement. To quote from it:

"Singlets, bare feet, rubber thongs and clothing with offensive images or slogans are, in most cases likely to be deemed unacceptable"

As I said, there is always 'wiggle room', but I think if you do not have any of the above (in that you 'exceed' it) then you won't have any issues.

I also think they have it pretty right.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:35 am

The way I interpret this, you will be refused entry if you look like you just came from the Gym or the Beach, which probably seems fair enough.

I don't interpret this as a ban on shorts, t-shirts etc. - I think QF meant "smart, casual wear" as opposed to "smart casual wear". A shorts + t-shirt combo can look smarter than jeans and a short sleeve short imo.

I do think there is grounds to refuse entry if someone smells like a block of rotting cheese, but how often will that happen if ever??
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by weero

they not enforcing the dress code for international F?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:12 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by ermen
they not enforcing the dress code for international F?
I was (eventually) warmly welcomed the other week into the SYD Flounge wearing "scruffy" but not horrid shorts, running shoes and an unironed collared T shirt. None of this gear smelt, nor was was it hi vis. The biggest issue was my FJ BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.