Community
Wiki Posts
Search

appalling Business class with Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
I've done a bit of travel SYD-SIN both ways in the past few months....

I have to say I find it uninspiring. As the OP stated the food is very average, and the seats on those aircraft are shocking. Overnight the seats at the back of business are essentially pointless due to the constant noise made by crew.

I struggle to justify paying for that with cash, so often use points. I don't hate it, but its not up to standard.

I always eat at the QF First Lounge in SYD or the QF Singapore Lounge at QF and avoid the onboard food.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:19 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
I now look to book QF ex OZ, but not back to Oz.
My ideal SYD-LHR-SYD flights would be SYD-LHR on BA (via SIN) to maximise sleep on the long overnight sector (MH fits this requirement as well) and QF on LHR-SYD to again maximise sleep on the second sector DXB-SYD.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that the idea flight to London ( if not wanting to overnight anywhere ) is the Emirates morning flight out of Sydney arriving in the evening into London .

Coming back , any service that leaves London in the morning and has an evening arrival into Sydney

These 2 minimise the length of time from getting out of bed to being time to go to bed and ime easiest to get attuned to the new time zone
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Qantas Club PS + bar, CX Riffraff, Krisflyer Balsa
SIN-BNE is a short flight and almost entirely overnight.
QF has a very good lounge in SIN and most pax will eat there before boarding.
Yep, utilise the excellent SIN QP before flight.
Last SIN-BNE trip was Y but in 744 and found breakfast a normal fare and quite adequate at 4.30am
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
To the OP and other sthat are not happy with the QF offering that they have experienced.
All I would like to suggest is that you complain to them rather than just post and run on this forum as that will not get QF attention, regardless of whether Red Roo actually shows up again and then QF may eventually change their product offering.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
To the OP and other sthat are not happy with the QF offering that they have experienced.
All I would like to suggest is that you complain to them rather than just post and run on this forum as that will not get QF attention, regardless of whether Red Roo actually shows up again and then QF may eventually change their product offering.
Red Roo will turn up again when he has a spam bombing run to do

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 8, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Don't they already? You can Select on Q no food and they offer to fit the mattress as soon as you reach cruising altitude. I've even been offered while on the ground.

I believe in SIN they ask in the lounge as well?
I think you missed my point. BA's sleeper service on east Coast TATL flights means less noise in cabin and lights off for longer. The SIN QF lounge is excellent but it's the other bit missing, not to mention pushing passengers to eat before boarding.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:07 pm

The supper menu from Singapore:
BBQ Pork Salad
Sticky lemongrass chicken burger
Big bowl of mee siam soup with prawns and rice noodles
Palak paneer with roti paratha, cauliflower and mango chutney
Red wine duck ragout with gremolata and pan fried polenta

Cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, caramel slice or ice cream are offered to finish off with.

As for breakfast, given that there is only a few hours from supper, continental breakfast has always been served on these flights for as long as I can remember.

Fruit, muesli, egg dish and a selection of bakery items are listed on the menu.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
I think you missed my point. BA's sleeper service on east Coast TATL flights means less noise in cabin and lights off for longer. The SIN QF lounge is excellent but it's the other bit missing, not to mention pushing passengers to eat before boarding.
Agreed. The other piece missing is the arrivals lounge - BA do this really well at T5. Loads of showers and a full english buffet means you're in great shape to go straight to work, and can totally maximise the sleep on board.

With the new beds, QF could produce a really fantastic Asian sleeper service product if they wanted to - would then be a no brainer against CX/BA/SQ.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:04 am

I would never find an overnight service a no brainer against SQ that offers a morning departure to Sydney. Of SQ, BA and QF only SQ would be in my choice of service

CX isn't really a competitor on the route given how indirect a journey it is
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would never find an overnight service a no brainer against SQ that offers a morning departure to Sydney. Of SQ, BA and QF only SQ would be in my choice of service

CX isn't really a competitor on the route given how indirect a journey it is
A lot of business people take the overnights to save time, a day flight is great but its a whole day out of action. CX was mentioned in the context of an arrivals lounge being good for all Asian routes.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
A lot of business people take the overnights to save time, a day flight is great but its a whole day out of action. CX was mentioned in the context of an arrivals lounge being good for all Asian routes.
+1
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:41 am

No time is saved - the journey is the same just a crappy overnight ( possibly in ones own time ) vs doing it during the company's time during the day
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
No time is saved - the journey is the same just a crappy overnight ( possibly in ones own time ) vs doing it during the company's time during the day
Your company may allow day trips, but many of us don't have that luxury. Client deadlines mean that company policy allowing day trips simply are not achievable. That said, with so many companies now enforcing Y and W cabins in their upgrade travel policies, the days of J travel are rarer for so many of us.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Plus no QF Arrivals Lounge in BNE. BA Arrivals Lounge in LHR T5 really helps...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.