Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Booking qantas - how to input AA EXP number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;

Looking to book a US to AU flight. Qantas is about $400 cheaper than the AA site. I do not know how to get my AA number input or let them know I'm OW Emerald. If I call to book, will there be a reservation fee or is that waived since I'm OW elite?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by trekker954
Looking to book a US to AU flight. Qantas is about $400 cheaper than the AA site. I do not know how to get my AA number input or let them know I'm OW Emerald. If I call to book, will there be a reservation fee or is that waived since I'm OW elite?
When you make an online reservation there is a box below the passenger name asking for frequent flyer details; program name and membership number.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deeruck
When you make an online reservation there is a box below the passenger name asking for frequent flyer details; program name and membership number.
that's great. Thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Free agent
Occasionally I've found the FF# doesn't 'stick' with QF. In those cases I've used the Finnair trick - input PNR/Surname into Finnair Manage Booking page and there's an option to add your FF#.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Thanks for the finnair tip.
I normally had to call qf to change the number
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

I ended up booking it all on the aa website including my two in country (AU) flights, so the international legs booked as AA coshare flights and not an issue. Was able to get the qantas locators which allowed me to go in an select my seats. i pulled up EF seat map as well. I was surprised the qantas seat selection allowed me to chose seats that were showing blocked on EF. It all seemed to work out okay.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:25 am
tt7

Originally Posted by trekker954
I was surprised the qantas seat selection allowed me to chose seats that were showing blocked on EF.
That's because EF doesn't know (has no way of knowing) that you're EXP. Which seats you can access (and when) depends on your status. Seats to which there is no "general" access will appear blocked on EF but will be available via QF if you have sufficient status.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tt7
That's because EF doesn't know (has no way of knowing) that you're EXP. Which seats you can access (and when) depends on your status. Seats to which there is no "general" access will appear blocked on EF but will be available via QF if you have sufficient status.
Not sure that this is the case; within Expert Flyer within My Account, on the preferences tab, can put in FF numbers specifically for seat map access and it does allow entry of AA numbers into the FF number for QF seat maps

It definitely works with QF numbers for QF flights , haven't tried with AA ones
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Not sure that this is the case; within Expert Flyer within My Account, on the preferences tab, can put in FF numbers specifically for seat map access and it does allow entry of AA numbers into the FF number for QF seat maps

It definitely works with QF numbers for QF flights , haven't tried with AA ones
I did try selecting QF and entering my Advantage number, but it did not work for me.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Against the "Frequent Flyer Number for Qantas Seat Maps:" entry you put your AAdvantage number and then "for frequent flyer program on airline" to the right you select AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.