Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Best way to build up QF points living in USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to build up QF points living in USA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Wow! Thanks for the very quick and informative reply. Much appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ulbhpy
Wow! Thanks for the very quick and informative reply. Much appreciated.
OK, but take notice of DaveN comment. May only apply to people without status.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I signed up my daughter and transferred my 68xxx points to her as a new account is supposed to not expire for 18 months and also bought through Qantas store (from my daughter's login) linked to eBay a download item for an Australian dollar.

The other option of renting a budget car seems too expensive as cheapest rental was more than USD 60 in the remaining days of 2016.

I will report in Jan if this worked. Since there is a Qantas store activity I think Qantas will honor and not expire her account points even if there is a delay in confirmation from eBay to Qantas.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ulbhpy
I signed up my daughter and transferred my 68xxx points to her as a new account is supposed to not expire for 18 months and also bought through Qantas store (from my daughter's login) linked to eBay a download item for an Australian dollar..
If the purchase goes through OK. Keep a good watch on the expiry.

A few years on AFF was a thread where a mother transferred points her son. QFF gave required 90 days notice of expiry, and then the points expired. After many posts QF gave the young guy some vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.