FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Qantas Frequent Flyer, Middle East/Asia/Oceania (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1634481-flyertalk-2015-awards-benefits-qantas-frequent-flyer-middle-east-asia-oceania.html)

IBgkim Dec 5, 2014 10:20 am

FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Qantas Frequent Flyer, Middle East/Asia/Oceania

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the official January ballot for the 2015 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all benefits polls can be found here.

This poll will close December 16, 2014.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 20, 2015. For more information on the Awards, and last year's results, click here.

Happy voting!

-The FT Team

Blackcloud Dec 9, 2014 6:48 pm

In regards to the first benefit, QFF was changed "Fairer and Simpiler" enhancements mean there is no longer the 1000 points minimum.

Mwenenzi Dec 9, 2014 6:57 pm

"Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests" does not apply to every QF freq flyer

Questions show a basic lack of understanding of the QF ffp and status benefits

IBobi Dec 9, 2014 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 23971010)
"Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests" does not apply to every QF freq flyer

Benefits only need to be available to any program member to qualify for an Award.

Dave Noble Dec 9, 2014 7:28 pm

Do they ever?

Benefits that are only available to a small subset of members are hardly likely to be viewed as great benefits to the many who will never have such a benefir

jmoorfoot Dec 9, 2014 9:43 pm

Any program that charges you almost as much in cash for an award redemption as for an outright purchase is hardly worthwhile. Add to that the increasingly hard to get higher classes & the even rarer upgrades further reduces the program.

Kiwi Flyer Dec 10, 2014 12:47 am

Lifetime status as a benefit is diminished by only being available at Oneworld ruby (useless) and Oneworld sapphire (okay) levels. It would be much more worthwhile at Oneworld emerald level, and also then more comparable with other FFPs which have lifetime status offerings.

Mwenenzi Dec 10, 2014 12:53 am

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 23971169)

Benefits only need to be available to any program member to qualify for an Award.

Access on arrival including 2 guests is not available to any program member. Only the few % with the appropriate status.

Dave Noble Dec 10, 2014 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 23972239)
Access on arrival including 2 guests is not available to any program member. Only the few % with the appropriate status.

if the basis is that any benefit regardless of how few members are eligible for it ( as implied by the reply you were given), then I propose access to the Chairman's Lounge when travelling domestically as being the best benefit

IBobi Dec 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 23972239)

Meaning at least one program member, not ALL program members. All benefits are eligible for voting.

serfty Dec 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 23982552)
Meaning at least one program member, not ALL program members. All benefits are eligible for voting.

I which case it should read: "Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests for Platinum and higher status".

None of those are really outstanding benefits - doesn't say much the for the program these days if a "best benefit" needs to be selected from that lot.

Sadly, I can't think of any better benefit to nominate ...

Dave Noble Dec 11, 2014 11:25 pm

In which case, I definitely propose Chairman's Lounge access when travelling domestically as being the best benefit

Kiwi Flyer Dec 12, 2014 1:00 pm

With respect that can't possibly be right. Every FFP I know has extra special benefits, usually unpublished, for the very few best members which they select.

That is not what has been included in the polls for the half dozen or so that I've looked at. For example no "get an aircraft named after you" listed in United, yet they provided this benefit to one FFP member, FTer ua1flyer.

Indeed FFPs may not want people disclosing these extra special benefits.

Kiwi Flyer Dec 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 23983796)
In which case, I definitely propose Chairman's Lounge access when travelling domestically as being the best benefit

I can top that. A free* flight in first class on QF A380. (*Free as in no $ or points or other currency paid.)

Dave Noble Dec 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 23986936)
I can top that. A free* flight in first class on QF A380. (*Free as in no $ or points or other currency paid.)

is that a benefit that is related to FF membership? also where is the flight 'cos that affects value :)