Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Woolworths Qantas Visa Card (previously MasterCard) being "Enhanced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woolworths Qantas Visa Card (previously MasterCard) being "Enhanced

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Thumbs down Woolworths Qantas Visa Card (previously MasterCard) being "Enhanced

Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas Credit Card is being “Enhanced”

I received a bundle of paperwork in the mail today

From late this month it will no longer be an HSBC card and will be a Macquarie Bank card
Its name changing to Woolworths Money Qantas Platinum Credit Card

Interest rate on purchases and cash advances unchanged

Fees and charges are changing
Annual Primary Cardholder Fee rises from $89 to $139
A new Annual Additional Cardholder Fee of $29
Statement fee (if posted to you) $2.50 per month
Some are going down
The bundle I received says nothing about earning QFF points. It says to look on the website; but the website has nothing on the new card only the existing card.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: qantas, malaysia,starwoon,hilton
Cardholder fee will be $99.00 for the first year then$139.00
Many will have reconsider if fees worth it.
In my opinion fee gouging by Macquarie Bank.

Last edited by mona lisa; Oct 3, 2014 at 3:34 am Reason: rephrasing
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by mona lisa
My reading of the paperwork I received is that the $99 for the first year is only for new cardholders, not existing holders that are being moved to the new card
My paperwork says that I will definitely be charged $168 (primary cardholder $139 + 1 additional cardholder $29)

I am reconsidering as we speak (so to speak). I will be charged the new fee on my anniversary date, which is in December so I have a bit of time to decide

IMHO - yes , price gouging, but I don't know what other c/c providers charge, perhaps these fees are the norm?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mona lisa
If not feeling that the card cost is worth it, no one is forced to maintain the card; there are plenty of credit cards on the market
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Most definitely gouging but really the options are limited.

Is the return not better with Qantas Cash? There is the hassle of having to BPAY funds onto the card prior to use but if organised it would be easier
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pandaperth
The bundle I received says nothing about earning QFF points. It says to look on the website; but the website has nothing on the new card only the existing card.
AFAIK, the QFF points earning on the card is remaining the same for the moment.

If you are after Qantas points, the Citibank Signature Family and Friends offer, with just the $49 fee for Qantas points could be a better option for some

http://www.citibank.com.au/familyandfriends/

(As for me, the supp card on the account will be cancelled, and I may get rid of the card altogether)
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by perthite
AFAIK, the QFF points earning on the card is remaining the same for the moment.

If you are after Qantas points, the Citibank Signature Family and Friends offer, with just the $49 fee for Qantas points could be a better option for some

http://www.citibank.com.au/familyandfriends/

(As for me, the supp card on the account will be cancelled, and I may get rid of the card altogether)
I have been pretty happy with this card.

I am over collecting the Qantas pts though. Just a waste of effort with little worthwhile return.

I have not received the docs referred to above yet, but if I do, I'll be looking for a cheaper card that does not involve a rewards option.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:54 am

Agreed Dave
Just a pity as the old $89.00 fee plus supp free was a reasonably good earn for QF points.
Call centre told me all current holders will only be charged $99.00 for the first year despite the hopelessly ambiguous wording of the 3 clauses relating to the new fee structure.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:19 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by westozzie
I have been pretty happy with this card.

I am over collecting the Qantas pts though. Just a waste of effort with little worthwhile return.

I have not received the docs referred to above yet, but if I do, I'll be looking for a cheaper card that does not involve a rewards option.
Welcome to FT and the friendly QF forum, westozzie!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:32 am

citybank card requires $75000 annual income.
this might knock one two out including me
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Annual Primary Cardholder Fee rises from $89 to $139
A new Annual Additional Cardholder Fee of $29
Statement fee (if posted to you) $2.50 per month
I've been considering getting rid of mine for a while, as I don't reckon it's decent value, especially given the appalling web site. The new fee is definitely too high, but at least I guess Macquarie might put it on a new, functional web site.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by perthite
And when you call the bank to cancel they don't immediately offer you a fee-waiver just to keep the card?

On a side note the HSBC card for Premier customers has a 1:1 earnings ratio with QF and no annual fee, but I think they require you to park a bit of money with them first (or do some other investments, house loans, etc.).
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: Qantas WP, LTG , Delta, SPG, Priority Club
Woolworths Qantas MasterCard being "Enhanced"

As far as I can tell this is the only visa or MC that offers 1pt per dollar and is uncapped.

The HSBC Qantas card available to everyone has a 200,000 pt per annum cap.

Some of the Citi cards may provide uncapped points (?) but don't give points for ATO payments and their fees are much higher unless you can get a waiver.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by aster
On a side note the HSBC card for Premier customers has a 1:1 earnings ratio with QF and no annual fee, but I think they require you to park a bit of money with them first (or do some other investments, house loans, etc.).
It's fee free if you don't choose QFF. There's $99 annual fee if you want QFF (http://www.hsbc.com.au/1/2/personal/...remier-details) - because QFF points are so valuable
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
It's fee free if you don't choose QFF. There's $99 annual fee if you want QFF (http://www.hsbc.com.au/1/2/personal/...remier-details) - because QFF points are so valuable
While there are enough people mad enough to pay to collect Qantas points, then there are others happy to take their money

Not like there are better value options .... oh wait....there are

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.