Help with Qantas taxes

Old Sep 30, 14, 4:26 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Help with Qantas taxes

Hi all

I am trying to estimate taxes and other charges for a "free" ticket using the Qantas booking engine. I log in as a frequent flyer and go to the booking engine and it says that my taxes will be estimated on the 2nd page. As I don;t have enough points are present I get an error saying that i need more points. Also the taxes are not listed.

How can I see what the fees and charges for various one way and return itineraries on Qantas if redeeming points for a "free" ticket?

cheers Peter
Old Sep 30, 14, 4:39 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA
try looking at the taxes & charges on a paid ticket with the same itinerary
Old Sep 30, 14, 4:54 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
I always find expedia.com.au accurate for Australia originating itineraries (find the flights you want, click to second screen and it should itemise the taxes).
Old Sep 30, 14, 5:00 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Use ITA Matrix and look at the taxes/fees/charges. Usually the majority of the cash component is carrier charges and not taxes.

Qantas never advertises an award ticket as a "free" ticket.
Old Sep 30, 14, 5:01 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by ffhound View Post
Hi all

I am trying to estimate taxes and other charges for a "free" ticket using the Qantas booking engine. I log in as a frequent flyer and go to the booking engine and it says that my taxes will be estimated on the 2nd page. As I don;t have enough points are present I get an error saying that i need more points. Also the taxes are not listed.

How can I see what the fees and charges for various one way and return itineraries on Qantas if redeeming points for a "free" ticket?

cheers Peter
If you post your itinerary I'm sure a kind FT person will confirm the amounts for you.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: