Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Easiest way not to let Qantas Miles expire?

Easiest way not to let Qantas Miles expire?

Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Does anyone have any recent experience of using the route mentioned in this thread: Qantas Restaurants - a rebirth??

The QF website has a live page mentioning this route, but now using Quandoo: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/book-a-...staurants.html

I've made (and used) a number of reservations this year, in mid-January and the first half of February, but haven't been awarded any QF points. Quandoo hasn't awarded its own loyalty points either, which had made me think that the points were going to QF. But I'm now wondering whether they have got lost and are worth chasing, or whether this is actually no longer a live promotion.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Beano
Buy something on eBay through the Qantas portal
Maybe a cable for a Dollar
I try to do that whenever I am buying anything on eBay.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:04 am

Do points earned and transferred using ANZ credit card to my qantas account count towards activity.Is there anyway of knowing the expiry date of points in the account
Old Jul 16, 2020, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I've made (and used) a number of reservations this year, in mid-January and the first half of February, but haven't been awarded any QF points. Quandoo hasn't awarded its own loyalty points either, which had made me think that the points were going to QF. But I'm now wondering whether they have got lost and are worth chasing, or whether this is actually no longer a live promotion.
FWIW, no QF points ever arrived from these. With an imminent points expiry, I've had to use a different route. But I may give this another try in due course, seeing as the page is still live on the QF website.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: LH, UA, QF
I have points expiring at the end of July. Are point donations deducted immediately? If so, it seems like donating 2900 points is the best way to keep the rest of my points active. I made an ebay purchase 6 weeks ago but the points have not yet been credited.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: QF Silver
Have you downloaded the QANTAS wellbeing app? there should be some pretty quick points posted from that
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could redeem points now for an award flight on a far-off date. If I understand the current concession correctly, if in October you find that you can't use that ticket after all, you can cancel it and have the points redeposted then, without penalty.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You could redeem points now for an award flight on a far-off date. If I understand the current concession correctly, if in October you find that you can't use that ticket after all, you can cancel it and have the points redeposted then, without penalty.
Will this not make the points expire in the moment I cancel that flight?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skyrock
Will this not make the points expire in the moment I cancel that flight?
AIUI, the clock should reset when you redeem. I can't see anything in the T&C that suggests that if you later cancel the ticket, that means that you're retrospectively regarded as never having redeemed. The T&C aren't specific about whether the redeposit of points when you cancel also resets the clock again, but as I see it, the worst that ought to happen is that the clock is reset only once, at the time when you make the booking.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:05 am

I just saw this in the the conditions when I was about to make a booking: "Requests to cancel a Classic Flight Reward ticket (where permitted) and re-credit points may be submitted prior to the commencement of the first flight in your booking and will incur a Cancellation Refund Fee in points. Only points that would not have expired will be re-credited." So I guess this would not work as expected.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 4:34 pm

I buy something from Ebay using the link from the Qantas site. That typically posts within a few days of the charge.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:47 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by anabolism
I buy something from Ebay using the link from the Qantas site. That typically posts within a few days of the charge.
I also use ebay to ensure points don't expire but in my experience although they track withing a few days it is usually about 3 months before they credit to my QFF account. I personally wouldn't want to risk this method if if my points were due to expire anytime soon.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ECR
I also use ebay to ensure points don't expire but in my experience although they track withing a few days it is usually about 3 months before they credit to my QFF account. I personally wouldn't want to risk this method if if my points were due to expire anytime soon.
Thanks, that's a good warning. I probably didn't realize that the points hadn't actually posted.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The 15,000 points from this purchase will credit almost immediately. I am happy to provide an Australian address

https://wine.qantas.com/p/Umamu-Cabe...UMAMUCAB14_C12

I think I mention this each time :-)

KF
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
The 15,000 points from this purchase will credit almost immediately. I am happy to provide an Australian address

https://wine.qantas.com/p/Umamu-Cabe...UMAMUCAB14_C12

I think I mention this each time :-)

KF
we’ll get that “do” one day 😉
Koru Flyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.