Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Lost coat onboard

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, VA
Help - Lost coat onboard

I accidentally left my coat on QF93 at LAX. I have approached check-in staff and baggage services but it was too late as the aircraft was towed away from the terminal by the time I realised. They took my number but I didn't think they took me too seriously.

I am transiting through LAX next week, whom should I approach to see if my coat has indeed been found?
Old May 17, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Texter
I accidentally left my coat on QF93 at LAX. I have approached check-in staff and baggage services but it was too late as the aircraft was towed away from the terminal by the time I realised. They took my number but I didn't think they took me too seriously.

I am transiting through LAX next week, whom should I approach to see if my coat has indeed been found?
Firstly I'd call up the QF LAX lost property office and get something lodged officially by calling +1 866 767 2247.

Lost Property Enquiries

If you would like to enquire about property that you may have left on board a Qantas aircraft contact Baggage Services at the airport of your arrival.
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...ices/global/en

Hopefully you get a lost baggage number when you call so on your way back through you can chase it up with QF.

Good luck.
Old May 17, 2014, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - gave them a call just then - nope no luck...

Just a rant:

I can only blame myself on leaving my coat on the plane - though I wonder whether the ground staff could have tried harder to find it. I knew exactly where I left it, so I'm not asking someone to search the whole aircraft...

Oh well, lesson learnt!
Old May 17, 2014, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Texter
Thanks for the advice - gave them a call just then - nope no luck...

Just a rant:

I can only blame myself on leaving my coat on the plane - though I wonder whether the ground staff could have tried harder to find it. I knew exactly where I left it, so I'm not asking someone to search the whole aircraft...

Oh well, lesson learnt!
I have done the same (with Jetstar to Vietnam) and when I came back through I saw them before they got busy checking people in and it was there so do not despair. I suspect when the plane it towed away getting gacces to it is trickier and can only be done when it comes back to the gate for the later return flight. Thye will have lots of stuff left on flights to deal with
Old May 18, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: QF Silver
I also did the same thing after leaving a jumper on board. I had just flown PER to BNE overnight and had around a four hour layover until the next flight to Bundaberg. When I went to board the flight to BDB, Qantas just handed it over to me and it was ONLY then I remembered that I left it behind!!

A pretty good effort from someone behind the scenes to do a bit of research :-)
Old May 19, 2014, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Coming over to LAX now, so will treat everyone for dinner if it magically reappears...
Old May 26, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
I boarded an international flight in SYD. Went to turn my phone off and realized I must have left it in the lounge.

I asked if I could deboard to get it - plenty of time. FA took my phone number and said that they'd get it sent down. Few minutes later it was with me.

Classic YMMV.
Old May 27, 2014, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Back in MEL

No magical appearances unfortunately. Upgrade (using points) did soften the blow however.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
A couple of years ago left a JNB-SYD flight in F transfer to BNE, realised I had left a bag with a present in it as soon as I got to the Dom J lounge.

Rang - but no banana, someone else got the present that was in the bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.