Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF-SYD dom J lounge leave and re-enter same day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond

Does anyone know/have experience with using the Qantas Sydney domestic business lounge in T3, then leaving the airport and re-entering later the same day? I arrive on a redeye *A flight and depart for BNE at 8 or 9pm. My idea is to take the bus to T3 (I'll do mobile check-in for evening dom flight), have a shower and a bite, store my luggage somewhere, then head into town for a few hours. Is this possible? Specifically:

- Can I use the lounge even though my flight doesn't depart for 12 hours?
- Once in the domestic terminal, can I still exit the airport?
- Is there a place in the lounge to store my luggage?
- If not, will the transit desk in T1 allow me to check my bag? I assume it'll be too early...worst-case scenario, I use SmarteCarte storage in T1 or T2.

Thanks for any info!
Old May 4, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
In relation to your questions:

- Can I use the lounge even though my flight doesn't depart for 12 hours? Yes you can provided it is "same day" flight and you have a boarding pass. You will need to get a boarding pass printed out before you arrive at the airport, as the check-in machines will not print out a pass for a flight 12 hours ahead.

- Once in the domestic terminal, can I still exit the airport?
Yes you can, there are no problems doing that.

- Is there a place in the lounge to store my luggage?
There is no Baggage room in the lounge, and I wouldn't leave it unattended for so long. There is no other storage in the lounge.

- If not, will the transit desk in T1 allow me to check my bag? I assume it'll be too early...worst-case scenario, I use SmarteCarte storage in T1 or T2.
No, Qantas will not usually allow you to check in luggage for flights 12 hours in the future. They will be concerned that the luggage will be forgotten when the flight comes around, and say that you need to check in luggage closer to the time of travel.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by QF Lad
In relation to your questions:

- Can I use the lounge even though my flight doesn't depart for 12 hours? Yes you can provided it is "same day" flight and you have a boarding pass. You will need to get a boarding pass printed out before you arrive at the airport, as the check-in machines will not print out a pass for a flight 12 hours ahead.
QF J Lounge will accept a mobile check-in boarding pass. At least they did when I did it 3 weeks ago. They looked for my class of travel and I had to zoom out on my smartphone and I was waved through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.