Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas axes SAA codeshare [PER-JNB]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

all seem reasonable views on codeshares....yet someone somehow actually agreed to the Emirates-Qantas alliance
Old Feb 23, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Isochronous
and switch PER-SIN to PER-KUL and connect to MH KUL-JNB.
And at the same time, introduce a world first for airlines, time travel, which would be a pre-requisite to a MH KUL-JNB flight, a route that was axed some time ago.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by perthite
It seems to me that there is a common misconception that the issue is with the ACCC. The decision on the codesharing arrangements was made by the IASC.
My post now corrected - thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: QF Gold, ANZ Silver
As a regular on QF 63/64 in Y+ with frequent paid upgrades I have found these planes to be full. A year or so ago I heard a 380 pilot saying that they would eventually be used on that route. If SAA had Y+ and QF cancelled the whole thing I would go with them, but I really can't see them doing that. And yes it is a PITA to get to SYD then fly back over some of the same territory.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would have thought people would just simply book on the SAA flight itself rather than take a 4,400 miles detour
My earlier point exactly. Lets face it, with most companies chasing cheapest fare of the day, even those with J policy, pretty much QF are directing pax to SAA and away from QF.

I have not done the route in a while, but spent 10 years regularly on the PER-JNB-PER and no matter how often you booked well in advance, you seemed to bve waitlisted on one leg more often than not.

Logic states you dont go backward to go forward and every available option is worse than any direct option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.