Qantas Restaurants - a rebirth??

Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Qantas Restaurants - a rebirth??

Looks like after the recent launch in SYD of Qantas Restaurants, the website is up and running:
http://restaurants.qantas.com.au/

I was lucky that I had heard about it from another source when my Qantas contact spoke to me about it today at our meeting. Seems like an interesting concept to gain yet more QF points (in addition to CC FFP earn)

Originally Posted by QF Restaurants
Earn 100 points per diner when you make a booking and dine at a participating restaurant*

Book restaurants in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and cities across Australila with instant confirmation and no booking fees. With over 200,000 restaurant reviews powered by Dimmi, you'll find many rewarding dining experiences here at qantas.com.^ Bon appetit!
Did have to laugh at the mis-spelling though (see bold)
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:20 am

I wonder if the term diner is defined in the Ts+Cs

Could I reserve for 10000 people and let 9999 of my closest friends share a breadstick while I have a 3 course meal?

4 reservations and reviews of those restaurants on Dimmi will earn you a $50 dining voucher valid at a limited selection of restaurants - 800 QFF points for 2 people dining 4 times seem rather paltry in comparison.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Could I reserve for 10000 people and let 9999 of my closest friends share a breadstick while I have a 3 course meal?
Clearly the number of diners will be taken as the number of covers noted on the bill.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Clearly the number of diners will be taken as the number of covers noted on the bill.
My guess would be that you nominate the number of diners at booking so QFF already know. I guess there must be a confirmation from the restaurant once you actually attend.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
My guess would be that you nominate the number of diners at booking so QFF already know. I guess there must be a confirmation from the restaurant once you actually attend.
Not entirely sure how the restaurant checks. I've dined twice after reserving via Qantas Restaurants and at no point did the restaurant ask for my name, or really any information that might tell them which reservation was mine and what information if any to convey back to Qantas.

Guess I'll just have to wait eight weeks and see before I start chasing up those 400 points!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SQ421
Not entirely sure how the restaurant checks. I've dined twice after reserving via Qantas Restaurants and at no point did the restaurant ask for my name, or really any information that might tell them which reservation was mine and what information if any to convey back to Qantas.

Guess I'll just have to wait eight weeks and see before I start chasing up those 400 points!
Ah Ha the "Irish Sweepstakes"

But generally when I have a resevation at a restaurant when I walk in I say my name and that I have a reservation for 2 at 6:30 etc.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
I do prefer the old way, where you would just go into a restaurant, confirm that they were still in the QFFF earn program (restaurant section), had you meal, paid, and they put the QFFF card through the reader and the points were yours, 3 points per $1 spent if I remember correctly.

The new way, while earning more points, is a bit more troublesome, in my point of view.

Of course though, QantasCash Prepaid MasterCard is an immense asset. I like it a lot.

Spend with my own money, no interest to worry about, 0.5points per $1 spent, but still, not as bad considering some credit cards these days also earn the holder only 0.5points per $1.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I started using dimmi about 18 months ago - it helped a regular eatery was in the program.

I gave it the boot after findingthat the "free meal" after 8K dimmi points was a $50 food voucher at one of a very restricted list of restaurants with a minimum of two diners.

This has piqued my interest again. FWIW, the first points posted about a week ago- but I can't tell if it was for a Dec 13 dine or one on Jan 10th.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Sounds like a branded Australian version of Toptable which was taken over by OpenTable a while back, but here you get a voucher for a set amount off a meal depending on how much you convert.

Much preferred the American Airlines old iDine program where all you did was register your credit cards with them and if you went to an eatery in the scheme, you got points without having to do anything apart from pay on the card!! I earned a whole lot of points while on holiday there using my UK cards and registering with the address of the hotel I stay at. I think they now know which cards are US ones sadly.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:46 am

Contest happening at the moment: Win gourmet dining experience in Singapore
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Not that anyone would be interested, but bring back the old system/former system of earning QFF points, I say, ie, show card, eat, flip Qantas Cash card to credit side, pay, and then wait 4 weeks, and the points appear.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
Not that anyone would be interested, but bring back the old system/former system of earning QFF points, I say, ie, show card, eat, flip Qantas Cash card to credit side, pay, and then wait 4 weeks, and the points appear.
Ha! When it worked!! Either the restaurant would deny being part of the program any more, or there would be an issue with the scan and the points would never post - and, oh - I'd use a credit card that earned more then ˝point per $.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
This is great! 29 restaurants in Surry Hills including a pub where most plates are under $12.50 ^
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Been a week since using this service and no miles posted. The restaurant barely acknowledged my reservation (it was a pub). Are they supposed to validate visits with Dimmi? OpenTable in the U.S. is much easier.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Used this a few times, but at a cheaper restaurant where reservations are not the norm.

As such I don't think they "confirmed" that I went in and dined

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.