Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas posting turnaround for EK flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plt, AS G, MR Ti, IC

I had some EK flights some months ago that didn't get posted to QF because of mistakes made by checkin staff, and filed claims with QF, where I noticed their website expectation is 28 business days for posting non QF/JQ flights. I've reached out to them twice via email and also on the phone to find out because its considerably longer than 28 working days now with no reply, except when I called, when I got the response that its being worked on and I should get an email within a few days or the points posting. Still nothing.
Is this normal for QF to take forever for partner flights that do not post? The only time I had to post claim on QF's program before was with JQ flights, and that took almost 4 weeks (so much for 3 days!) but I wasn't in a hurry. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Normally on the phone they can do an automatic override.
Try another operator!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: QFF
In 9 years, I've only had to claim a few flights that hadn't posted. Some CX and JL flights a few years ago and some AY flights I'm working on now.

With the AY flights from last November...
I took 4 AY operated flights during my last trip. One of them was coded IB and that posted within a few days. The other 3 never posted, so I used the claim form about 10 days ago. 2 of them posted a few days later, the last posted as "UNSUCCESSFUL - NO RECORD OF TRAVEL". When I noticed, I emailed QFF with a photo of the boarding pass. That was 3 days ago, still waiting.

They don't contact you when it is/isn't credited. They just post it to your account.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: QF Plat, UA Silver, VS Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Himeno
In 9 years, I've only had to claim a few flights that hadn't posted. Some CX and JL flights a few years ago and some AY flights I'm working on now.

With the AY flights from last November...
I took 4 AY operated flights during my last trip. One of them was coded IB and that posted within a few days. The other 3 never posted, so I used the claim form about 10 days ago. 2 of them posted a few days later, the last posted as "UNSUCCESSFUL - NO RECORD OF TRAVEL". When I noticed, I emailed QFF with a photo of the boarding pass. That was 3 days ago, still waiting.

They don't contact you when it is/isn't credited. They just post it to your account.
Similar experience with AY posting to QFF recently. Never had a problem with AY before, but in the last month I took 3 flights on AY code (2 AY metal, 1 QF metal). None posted automatically, the 2 AY metal posted after an online claim, but the AY code, QF metal came back with "UNSUCCESSFUL - NO RECORD OF TRAVEL" (All flights in 'I' booking class). QFF said "we can see your booking, but need evidence of travel"... errr, do Qantas have no record I sat on their plane for 9hrs? The consultant asked for Boarding Passes and e-ticket info to be emailed, but still haven't had any luck/response.

On an OT point - on the above booking, My Bookings on Qantas showed us in row 12 A380 seats. AY at check-in allocated us row 19 and said row 12 was occupied. Even after check-in My Bookings on Qantas still showed us in row 12. Seems like some lack of communication between QF and AY going on...
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:22 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by qf unfort
...... Seems like some lack of communication between QF and AY going on...
IME seat changes rarely get pushed to other airline systems. What appears on the operating airline counts.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
Normally on the phone they can do an automatic override.
Try another operator!
The operator posted the points to my account manually and on the spot too. This was after three months had passed since my EK flights and I had also emailed the customer service centre my itinerary and boarding passes, without hearing anything back. The operator admitted that there were numerous instances of points for EK flights not being credited automatically, despite a QF FF number having been entered into the booking (and printed on the boarding pass), and essentially said this was an issue on EK's side.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by qf unfort
Similar experience with AY posting to QFF recently. Never had a problem with AY before, but in the last month I took 3 flights on AY code (2 AY metal, 1 QF metal). None posted automatically, the 2 AY metal posted after an online claim, but the AY code, QF metal came back with "UNSUCCESSFUL - NO RECORD OF TRAVEL" (All flights in 'I' booking class). QFF said "we can see your booking, but need evidence of travel"... errr, do Qantas have no record I sat on their plane for 9hrs?
My last flight finally posted today. 4 days after I sent the boarding pass email to QFF.
It posted under the MH code that I'd originally booked, but AY changed it to the AY code before I could check in because MH had cancelled the sector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.