Qantas app login

Old Jan 6, 14, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Qantas app login

I searched but didn't find a similar issue mentioned. I have the Qantas Android app. It works OK, for what it's worth, but I can't seem to keep it logged in, despite ticking "Keep me logged in."

Sometimes, it has me just retype my PIN, which is fine. Other times, it prompts for everything including my FF membership #, which I have to go find. Very frustrating. The time between this exercise varies from a few hours to a few days.

Any tips on keeping it logged in?
Old Jan 6, 14, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Yep, I've had this behaviour also on my Android 4.3 (Samsung Galaxy Note II) device. It's very irritating.

One comment I will make - being asked for last name and pin when doing stuff like domestic check in or stuff is actually a security feature (when you initially set up the login and check "keep me logged in" it actually says something like "We will verify the PIN from time to time" so that is a design element, and makes some sense.

But when using the app and then all of a sudden it just gives you the FF login button when you open it is a bug and really annoying. I just reboot my device (which fixes it), killing the actual running app via task killer or similar just won't sort it out.

I also wish the android version would display your current SC balance like the apple version does - I don't know why they are somewhat different in functionality and display to be honest.

I also noted that some bookings the app will let me check in online, and generate a scannable barcode, and other times it won't. Once it also indicated the mobile BP would be texted to my phone, and it wasn't...

so still needs some work methinks...
Old Jan 7, 14, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
RichardMEL, whey you say:
But when using the app and then all of a sudden it just gives you the FF login button when you open it is a bug and really annoying. I just reboot my device (which fixes it), killing the actual running app via task killer or similar just won't sort it out.
Does that mean that rebooting the device and then opening the QF app will log you back in?

Not that it's very convenient, but if for whatever reason I'm stuck somewhere without access to my FF#, that could work in a pinch.

And I agree: typing the last name and PIN occasionally is fine with me.
Old Jan 7, 14, 4:29 pm

Yes, rebooting my device then opening the app will give me my next flight details, points balance etc... I agree, it's not convenient at times, but then again it doesn't take long, and I'm not using the app every day but it's the surest way I've found so far to get things back on track with the app.
Old Jan 8, 14, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I simply don't use it ... always been a PITA to use ... (so is the smartphone web site - I always change to the full site when i have no other choice.)
Old Jan 9, 14, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by serfty View Post
I simply don't use it ... always been a PITA to use ... (so is the smartphone web site - I always change to the full site when i have no other choice.)
me too re the mobile site. It seems to never quite give the info I want or easy access to things like your summary, activity status, and well when I access my bookings I can't put in an upgrade request or whatever - which are the sorts of things I'm interested in. If I just want to know when my next flight departs it's OK, but usually I do go to the full site myself. It's a pity they don't set a cookie or something so your phone can remember that setting or something and go there all the time.
Old Jan 9, 14, 5:07 pm

Programs: QFF
Is there any way to have the app not display a name when logged in?

Search this Thread