Multi-City Booking Problem

Old Jan 2, 14, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Question Multi-City Booking Problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a multi-city booking for the following in March / April this year:

LHR-DXB
DXB-SYD
SYD-DXB
DXB-LHR

The booking is for 2x adults and 1 infant.

The booking system comes up with an itinerary, on both Qantas and Emirates aircraft, all with Qantas flight numbers. It allows me to put in passenger names and telephone / frequent flyer details. On the next page however I get the following message:

"Qantas.com flight search error: We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected from the airlines we search. Please cancel these segments and choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your confirmation request. (15012 - 126)"

Any ideas with this one?

CK
Old Jan 2, 14, 3:44 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Are you intending to stop over in Dubai?
Old Jun 14, 14, 9:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
I'm currently having exactly the same problem, so I'd be very interested in how this turned out - did you get that problem resolved somehow?

Thanks,
haggis
Old Aug 14, 14, 9:01 am

Having a similar problem. I am trying Montreal to Dublin or Toronto to Dublin, so far I have tried one-way, round, and multicity and each time I get the same error message. Also noticed that it does not allow me to click search partner airlines, after entering the destination the search partner option disappears and there's a message saying "This Itinerary can only be booked as a Classic Award. To continue click Search Flights" and when I click continue, I get the same error. Tried various dates, doesn't make a difference. But if I change my departure point to any american city, i don't have the same problem
Old Aug 18, 14, 6:47 am

Programs: QF Gold
The website has been coming up with some weird and wonderful errors in the past few days, including at one time the inability to calculate how many points you would earn for a multi-city itinerary. I think since they changed over to the new webpage design, there has been nothing but teething problems.

Your best bet is probably to phone them (if you can), explain the difficulty but refuse to pay any "booking fee" for bookings over the phone as the system wouldn't let you do it on-line. It's sadly become typical of QF - half baked ideas that do nothing except antagonise their FF's.
Old Aug 18, 14, 11:06 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by bmam7 View Post
...... It's sadly become typical of QF - half baked ideas that do nothing except antagonise their FF's.
I agree. The website is one of the most irritating parts of dealing with QF. You get used to dealing with a crappy system that constantly seems in the beta phase - but when you work with some other website (even UA's ) you discover how bad the QF one is.
Old Aug 21, 14, 3:55 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by efe83 View Post
Having a similar problem. I am trying Montreal to Dublin or Toronto to Dublin, so far I have tried one-way, round, and multicity and each time I get the same error message. Also noticed that it does not allow me to click search partner airlines, after entering the destination the search partner option disappears and there's a message saying "This Itinerary can only be booked as a Classic Award. To continue click Search Flights" and when I click continue, I get the same error. Tried various dates, doesn't make a difference. But if I change my departure point to any american city, i don't have the same problem
Why are you trying to book this itinerary on the Qantas website in the first place?
Old Oct 7, 14, 4:39 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: IHG Spire Royal Amb, HHon Diamond, Marriott Titanium...Airlines: BA Gold (OW Emerald), LH SEN** (*G), QF Plat (LT Silver), VA, UA
Multi-city limit of 2 sectors per calendar day

Just tried to make a booking SYD-MEL-BNE-SYD for the same day using multi-city and found that there is a limit of 2 sectors per calendar day...could not agree more that the website is not the place to make these bookings but a quick call to QF resulted in them waiving the booking fee and making the booking without any issues over the phone.

Not sure why the restriction is in the first place but maybe to avoid people booking flights with too tight connections...but surely this could be automated to avoid this issue.
Old Oct 7, 14, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I had a similar issue booking a multi city booking. Saw all flights I wanted as available, but could not book them. Phoned the call center, but they also could not get the flight I was after (I gave them the exact timing and flight numbers from the website). They could offer an alternative which was a lot lot more expensive compared to their fare I was after on their website.

In the end I found the same fare (booking classes + fare rules) on Expedia. The only difference was the price, which was cheaper on Expedia .
Old Oct 19, 14, 11:09 am

I've been looking into multi-city flights on the Qantas website recently, and coming up with missing results, crazy prices, and wacky error messages, too. Glad I came across this post and found that I wasn't the only one--I thought I was losing my mind. Really frustrating. I called Qantas, but got disconnected when I finally got an agent on the line.

A search for LAX>SYD, MEL>LAX for Sep 2015 on Qantas today in PE showed $4,200 per person ("Premium Economy Flex"?), while the same search on Kayak returns $2,600. (I'm nervous to book on Kayak because I don't clearly understand the change/cancellation fees. I'll need to get more educated on this.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: