Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Upper or Lower Business Class on Qantas...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA

744 from Dallas to Sydney via Brisbane. Which is better--the upper business or the lower business seats. Both are available.
Thank you.
Jane
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The seats are the same but I would always take the lower deck due to the reverberating floor as people walk up and down the aisle
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:05 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
UD floor does bounce - as it does on all 744s. But, the UD cabin has less noise (air con noise and "ambient noise"). Front of UD has more airframe noise and less overhead bin space due to curve of cabin. LD has more people and more chance of babies trying to drown out the general cabin noise. LD has bigger overhead bins and better window viewing.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My experience is that not only does the floor bounce annoyingly, but the upper deck tends to be more busy and a much better chance of getting an empty seat adjacent downstairs than upstairs
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
DFW- then it would be a 744ER.

If 1 PAX then 5B or 5J, if 2 then 3E/F or 13A/B. The last two are upper deck exit seats.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Upstairs in J for me to from USA, only about 24 seats, cosy, no toilet queues, like a little club on the 744. Don't get exit seats up there no view and little storage.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
I chose 15J. Thanks all for the input.
Jane
Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: American AAdvantage

Lower as there are more toilets available. FA directed me to use PE's toilet when J was all occupied.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 4:45 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by serfty
DFW- then it would be a 744ER.

If 1 PAX then 5B or 5J, if 2 then 3E/F or 13A/B. The last two are upper deck exit seats.
And if none of those are available, my next choice for a single passenger would be an aisle seat in the centre block on the lower deck.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
As a window seat fan I will always choose upper deck thanks to the extra sidebin storage.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:29 pm

What does the side look like for 5B and 5J? I couldn't find any pics of those seats.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
See here for a pic of 5B:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...st-j-seat.html
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:09 am

Thank you. I'm a "righty", so should I choose 5J?

Is that area less private, since being near an exit door, it is a potential area of congregation?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by bmchris
I'm a "righty"
Getting OT here - but have always wondered what makes people a righty vs a lefty. Any reason for you?

If sitting in Y, I like being a righty as I find that pax in centre seats tend to exit on the left, so the righties get off faster

In J it kind of makes minimal difference and I tend to just pick each individual seat based on best at the time of selecting
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by djpjapan
Getting OT here - but have always wondered what makes people a righty vs a lefty. Any reason for you?

If sitting in Y, I like being a righty as I find that pax in centre seats tend to exit on the left, so the righties get off faster

In J it kind of makes minimal difference and I tend to just pick each individual seat based on best at the time of selecting
I tend to go for an aisle seat with the aisle to my left, when travelling alone. Reason being, I am totally deaf in my right ear, so that is the side I want anyone travelling next to me to be on, it makes for a far more pleasant flight, particularly when trying to sleep.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.