Wiki Posts
Search

Jetstar International Hot Meal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
Jetstar International Hot Meal

Am flying JQ25 Cairns to Narita Japan CNS/NRT next month. Is it worth paying $18 for a hot meal which includes hot & cold non-alcoholic bevvy? Is the meal service equivalent to business class food, or similar to economy class QF meal?

Should I purchase for $18 in-advance online, or can it be purchased inflight for same amount on the day?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Its Jetstar - I would be expecting an Economy-minus meal.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Have you checked the Jetstar website. There are menus published there.
I would not expect QF International Business Class quality even in JQ Business Class.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
Yeah I imagine it would be comparable to QF Y meal
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Hmmm ... I personally would buy 18 bucks worth of stuff from outside and bring it on the plane to eat.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Have you checked the Jetstar website. There are menus published there.
I would not expect QF International Business Class quality even in JQ Business Class.
Here is the link to their on board menu Jetstar Cafe

For photos I suggest you either look through Trip Reports forum or AirlineMeals.net
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:52 am

I'd purchase online for the $18. Food isn't spectacular but it's enough to get through the flight.
From my experience (SYD-HNL-SYD) they will serve all the people who have pre paid their meals then if there are any left over offer it to the remaining pax. I can't remember if it was charged at the same price.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: QF, AA, BD, PC, HH, Hertz
I recently flew OOL - NRT on JQ and had the meal options. They were reasonable. I never expect anything amazing, but having the meal and getting served first made it worthwhile.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:39 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Definitely pre-pay it.

It's a long boring flight if you don't break it up with a meal, and most people want something hot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.