101 uses of Qantas wash bags

Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
101 uses of Qantas wash bags

Do you remember the old gigantic semi-hard zip up Marc Newson "box" that Qantas used to give you in J? I used to be somewhat amused by them although they were so big, having one was quite useful for carrying chargers etc.

I also remember the light blue hard plastic one. I think my husband used it to protect computer memories.

Then black and while something bag. Not very interesting but more useful to have multiple of.

I discovered an ideal use for the recent ladies' one, a Kate Spade wash bag. It's the right size for putting my iPad mini keyboard (in fact an iPad mini will of course fit quite nicely in it).

What do you all use your Qantas wash bags for?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
We here in Australia call them "Amenity Packs"
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I use one for my little compute bits such as cables, compact wireless mouse, USB connectors etc.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:27 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Australians prefer to wash in a shower or bath ..
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
I used the hard case to carry a new nexus tablet before I had a chance to buy a case for it.

I have used it to carry plugs and chargers as well.

I dislike the current pencil case they give at the moment.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Just a thought, I like the fact that QF tend to change them quite often nowadays. It makes it more fun. Is that a feeling shared by others or would you rather have the same one many times?

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
We here in Australia call them "Amenity Packs"
I have clearly spent far too long out of the country and on the BA forum I now remember I used to call them "amenity kits". (Considering the BA F "wash bag" isn't even a bag except on the A380 I should really start calling it something else.)
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:41 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Just a thought, I like the fact that QF tend to change them quite often nowadays. It makes it more fun. Is that a feeling shared by others or would you rather have the same one many times?
Much better to have something different each time. More chances to get something really useful. My treasured "wash BAg" is the BA brown F BAg with the flying boat scene in India.

LH seem to have different bags each year too (in C). My favourite is the metal container (pencil box style) with the embossed A380.

TG consistently have nice strong compact zippered bags that are perfect for cables and chargers.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by serfty
I use one for my little compute bits such as cables, compact wireless mouse, USB connectors etc.
+1 but I've been using the little brown(?) bag with a Velcro fastener, that I was given to me on QF SIN-PER back in 2002! (my first ever international J, upgraded myself using points, which was a good deal in those days)

But on my last trip I had trouble fitting all my bits in that bag (nowadays there's bits for the tablet PC, the phone and the camera, plus spare batteries etc)
So I think on my next trip I'll start using my CX J bag - that's about 50% bigger
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: QFF
I remember them, I've never taken one.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Do you remember the old gigantic semi-hard zip up Marc Newson "box" that Qantas used to give you in J? I used to be somewhat amused by them although they were so big, having one was quite useful for carrying chargers etc.
What do you all use your Qantas wash bags for?
That one - the semi-rigid, dark green, zip-up box - gets the most use from me. I carry my "freedom baggie" inside it for international trips. Of course I need to remove the Kip Zip from the green case to go through airport security, but in the carry-on or in the seat pocket during a long-haul flight it keeps the ziplock bag from getting too worn and my safety-sized toiletries () from getting crushed.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: QF WP, LTG
I use my amenity bags to clutter up my bathroom cabinet until I get fed up and turf 'em.

I do use two QF first class amenity bags to good affect however, AND for what they were designed for:
* that brown one with three compartments that you can hang up; it is lightweight and terrific for holding my set of travel toiletries
* a George Jensen amenity bag; surprisingly good quality, and I keep it at my gym to hold all my toiletries
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I have a couple I use as makeup bags, the now superseded QF F cream Payot bag and the CX Agnes B black men's J bag for brushes. The rest are cluttering up my shelves, including a couple of the new red SKII bags which I don't like the shape or size of.
My favourite Amenity kit of old was the beautiful Anya Hindmarch velvet train case from BA F. Much nicer and more useful than the grey box.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
We generally give them to the children when we get home but I still use my Emirates when I travel.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
I used to give them to a friend who was a nurse at the local ER. Lots of people come in , have to stay overnight an need a toothbrush, comb etc
The mens Kate Spade thing is crap. My wife likes hers as it has a coloured lining , making it easier to see the stuff inside.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
When I saw the thread title I thought Qantas was now offering a wash and dry service. Actually, hanging out a few wet clothes in the cabin would do wonders for the humidity.^

Am I the only one who usually leaves amenity kits on the plane?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.