Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:08 pm

Reviving this old thread as I am considering buying a J ticket on PEK-SYD: I have now seen that EBL is back from maintenance with new layout so that leaves us with EBG only right?
Anyone knows when we can expect this one to get the treatment and finally get the full lie-flat fleet?
Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
All that's been said is early 2019.

That said EBQ is currently in for longhaul conversion and likely come out around New Year's.
Then you've got EBM/EBN (1 month each) and EBG (near to 2 based on EBL) to go.

It was suggested that EBG might be tasked to Bali routes from 17-Dec to late-Jan, but this doesn't appear to have occured
https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-upgrades-sydney-bali-flights-to-airbus-a330
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:32 pm

Thanks, rather uncertain then. I have also seen the 787 product from HKG, more expensive, which would prevent any disappointment but that’s another story. It’s a big OOT, but do swaps occur a lot on Qantas? For example is the B787 pretty much guaranteed on there HKG route?
Thanks again!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:00 pm

Much less likely to have an aircraft type swapped.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
Much less likely to have an aircraft type swapped.
Thank you, good to know that there should be some consistency on this route!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:36 am

Well EBG did finally operate SYD-DPS on 25th and 26th, but then a day of domestic, then SYD-SIN and SYD-PVG
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Well, I am flying AKL-SYD and MEL-AKL in Feb in business and both flights are now showing A330 2-2-2 seating, looks like I will be on either -EBG or -EBL
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Well, I am flying AKL-SYD and MEL-AKL in Feb in business and both flights are now showing A330 2-2-2 seating, looks like I will be on either -EBG or -EBL
It won't be EBL as that has been refurbed. As your flights are not until February, there is plenty of time for it to change back to 1-2-1.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:09 am

What's the fork and knife button on the IFE about? It may have been there a while, but I only just noticed it the other day on my first QF A330 flight in over a year. I assume it's intended to have some kind of food-ordering or menu-browsing function but it just said "Oops" when I pushed it.
NZJuniorDoc likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
On our AKL-SYD, we got the old version instead of the originally booked new lie-flat. Fine. But on the way back, although we were on the one with new seats, they downgraded us to Y. And they did not tell us at check-in but had to call us over just before boarding. This is our first time flying QF. They suck.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:41 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
On our AKL-SYD, we got the old version instead of the originally booked new lie-flat. Fine. But on the way back, although we were on the one with new seats, they downgraded us to Y. And they did not tell us at check-in but had to call us over just before boarding. This is our first time flying QF. They suck.
what was QF’s reason for the downgrade? Were you compensated? What sort of ticket were you travelling on?

In any case, it’s no different to the sort of treatment you can get on AA or UA from time to time.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
They issued you with biz class boarding passes and then took them off you? Did they call for volunteers? What sort of compensation were you offered? Might be worth sharing some details if you'd like to get some assistance with seeking the best possible compensation.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:10 am

We arrived at MEL check-in counter 2 hours before our flights. Issued boarding passes in J with the same seat assignments previously booked. Nothing was said to us at that time. Just before boarding, they called 4 people, including us and explained to us there had been a change in the aircraft (with the new business class config) and that we were downgraded. A$350 comp for each of us. This was ticketed using BA award. When we booked the flight 6 months ago, it showed a new 1-2-1 config seat map, later it was changed to 2-2-2 and apparently the actual flight changed back to the new ac. It's frustrating that they played this game on our way over to Sydney and we ended up in the old business seat.

Last edited by DFWFairy; Feb 22, 2019 at 7:10 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
We arrived at MEL check-in counter 2 hours before our flights. Issued boarding passes in J with the same seat assignments previously booked. Nothing was said to us at that time. Just before boarding, they called 4 people, including us and explained to us there had been a change in the aircraft (with the new business class config) and that we were downgraded. A$350 comp for each of us. This was ticketed using BA award. When we booked the flight 6 months ago, it showed a new 1-2-1 config seat map, later it was changed to 2-2-2 and apparently the actual flight changed back to the new ac. It's frustrating that they played this game on our way over to Sydney and we ended up in the old business seat.
Hpefully BA can give you some points back as well if the tinerary you're on permits. The actual difference between economy and biz class MEL-AKL is ~AUD1000. If these were one way BA awards you should at least get the differnce in avios back as well.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
The difference in price between economy and business fares can vary depending on dates and the type of economy or business ticket bought. For example buying a cheap sale fare or a business flex fare for 4 April is as follows.

MEL/AKL economy fares range from $268 to $663.
Business fares range from $773 to $1,168.
The difference is as low as $110, or as high as $900.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.