Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
Best 'guess' is next two aircraft will go into refurb mid-August, which would leave one aircraft operating SYD-HNL only and some domestic runs, until mid-September
In another FT thread there appears to be speculation that two A330-200s may not be refurbished for some time and left on the SYD-HNL run with Skybeds...

Can anyone deny / confirm ?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
In another FT thread there appears to be speculation that two A330-200s may not be refurbished for some time and left on the SYD-HNL run with Skybeds...

My booking in Feb still showing older cabin.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Only rumours floating around.
Latest on YSSY that the remaining two (EBG/EBL) will also be going back to lessor and to the RAAF.

Of note EBL has been doing domestic only duties since 25/8, and EBG doing SYD-HNL and domestic runs.

In any event we should find out in the next week with both EBP/EBD due out of maintenance in coming days.

The seat map issue is simply an IT issue - QFs system can only handle a single seat map per aircraft - and they are notionally allocated this far out.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Flew on a refurbished A330-200 from SYD-PER the other week. Bed was nice and comfy but wife (5ft 2ins) and I (6ft) both struggled to get properly comfy in any sort of lounging position for watching TV. There was also nowhere comfortable to stand an iPad for TV watching whilst lounging.

Food was OK, but I made the mistake of ordering the pulled pork burger which came in a pretty soggy bun.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Flew on a refurbished A330-200 from SYD-PER the other week. Bed was nice and comfy but wife (5ft 2ins) and I (6ft) both struggled to get properly comfy in any sort of lounging position for watching TV. There was also nowhere comfortable to stand an iPad for TV watching whilst lounging.

Food was OK, but I made the mistake of ordering the pulled pork burger which came in a pretty soggy bun.
I agree, being able to lounge is uncomfortable and the screen just becomes too close. I sometimes wonder where all the input from the select group of QF FF's who are asked to input goes. I personally still don't think QF have it 100% with the new A330 suites.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
Only rumours floating around.
Latest on YSSY that the remaining two (EBG/EBL) will also be going back to lessor and to the RAAF.

Of note EBL has been doing domestic only duties since 25/8, and EBG doing SYD-HNL and domestic runs.

In any event we should find out in the next week with both EBP/EBD due out of maintenance in coming days.
Many thanks for the info...
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I agree, being able to lounge is uncomfortable and the screen just becomes too close. I sometimes wonder where all the input from the select group of QF FF's who are asked to input goes. I personally still don't think QF have it 100% with the new A330 suites.
Just off CX HKG-SYD in J. I'm quite happy with their seat in all positions and would select this over the new QF A330 seat every time. Sorry, QF is not good enough.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by bhoyinoz

My booking in Feb still showing older cabin.
Our booking in 6 weeks still shows old cabin, let's hope it is upgraded as the MK1 Skybed is not comfortable.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: Qf Platinum
Our booking in 6 weeks still shows old cabin, let's hope it is upgraded as the MK1 Skybed is not comfortable.

MK1 Skybeds are not the best,but better than a recliner^
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:34 pm

EBP out this morning, just leaving the SkybedI equipped EBG, EBL, subject to rumours above.. EBD should be out of minor maint in coming days as well.

Latest status
A330-300 10 / 10 - QPA, QPB, QPC, QPD, QPE, QPF, QPG, QPH, QPI, QPJ
A330-200 16 / 18 - EBA, EBB, EBC, EBD, EBE, EBF, EBJ, EBK, EBM, EBN, EBO, EBP, EBQ, EBR, EBS, EBV

Under maint - EBD
Not refurbed - EBG, EBL
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:18 am

VH-EBL has now been sitting in BNE for 48hrs so high likelihood that its in for refurb.

Looking at ExpertFlyer appears that VH-EBG is continuing to operate QF3/4 until and including the 9/9 service, before QF3/4 switches to a refurb, so I would expect VH-EBG to go into refurb on 11/9
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Are equipment changes SYD <-> PER frequent? My Flights has just shown a swap from A332 to B738 and I have a B738 on the return.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Qantas PlatinumOne (OneWorld Emerald)
Is there a single place on Flyertalk which lists which destinations are typically now served by the A330s that have the new Business Suites?

(I'm looking at the MEL-NRT and BNE-NRT routes, but I hate asking questions are already answered elsewhere!)
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:02 am

I booked on QF5 from SYD-SIN in J for this May, when I booked it the seat map was showing the 1-2-1 configuration and now it is showing the 2-2-2. Are they moving the old configuration to this route or as moa999 says another IT issue?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:56 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by matthewth
I booked on QF5 from SYD-SIN in J for this May, when I booked it the seat map was showing the 1-2-1 configuration and now it is showing the 2-2-2. Are they moving the old configuration to this route or as moa999 says another IT issue?
So is the market to SIN so bad that QF puts its worst equipment on the route? How things have changed from the glory days when SIN was a significant QF hub

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.