Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:21 am

I have two PER-SYD flights booked in business in May. Where can I tell if the equipment is planned to have the new biz seats?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by milesunited
I have two PER-SYD flights booked in business in May. Where can I tell if the equipment is planned to have the new biz seats?
Post #294 asked the exact same question.
Post #295 answered it.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by eminere
Post #294 asked the exact same question.
Post #295 answered it.
Awesome. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
My recent flight SYD-PER on QF 575 had the upgraded business. Very nice finishes and seat for a transcon business. Similar to forward facing 1-2-1 business NA to Europe, though pitch is a bit tight. Amount of space feels similar to A321T first on AA transcon, but in 1-2-1 on a wide body.

Wasn't sure if I'd get the new business, and glad I could try it!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by transparent
My recent flight SYD-PER on QF 575 had the upgraded business. Very nice finishes and seat for a transcon business. Similar to forward facing 1-2-1 business NA to Europe, though pitch is a bit tight. ...
I have an option to upgrade a PER-SYD which is currently scheduled with the new business.

I'd prefer a seat with the storage block next to the aisle (eg 2A/K) rather than with the seat directly on the aisle (eg 3A/K). But I have some mobility issues and I read on someone's trip review that it's a bit tight to get past the wide armrest. You mention the pitch is a bit tight - what do you think?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I have an option to upgrade a PER-SYD which is currently scheduled with the new business.

I'd prefer a seat with the storage block next to the aisle (eg 2A/K) rather than with the seat directly on the aisle (eg 3A/K). But I have some mobility issues and I read on someone's trip review that it's a bit tight to get past the wide armrest. You mention the pitch is a bit tight - what do you think?
The storage block is nice, but you can't place anything there really during takeoff, it all has to go under the seat in front on the foot rest, which is kind of hard to reach.

As far as getting into the seat, the width of the opening is just enough for a pair of shoes + an inch or two, that's about it. I'd say it's similar to the amount of space you have when trying to get into an economy seat, except once you're in the seat it's quite comfortable
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by transparent
The storage block is nice, but you can't place anything there really during takeoff, it all has to go under the seat in front on the foot rest, which is kind of hard to reach.

As far as getting into the seat, the width of the opening is just enough for a pair of shoes + an inch or two, that's about it. I'd say it's similar to the amount of space you have when trying to get into an economy seat, except once you're in the seat it's quite comfortable
Thanks very much. I'm currently on the wait list for the upgrade, so it may not eventuate, but it's good to know.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
QF 24 - 3 July 2016

Booked on QF 24 BKK to SYD...Originally new 333 seating on charts... Happy me... Checked again yesterday and the flight is now A332 with sloping seat... Unhappy me ... Hope it changes back as I only booked Qantas to get flat bed for overnight flight... Can do a direct flight with TG saving 4 hours so this was my preferred option... Will look at re-routing out of SIN if it doesn't change back... So much for idea that all international flights will be 333 and domestic will be 332... I have a day flight BNE - PER and it's on the new 333... EF says 332 but Seat Guru still has 333 for that flight....anyone want to make me feel better and tell me it will probably change back....
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:17 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by tafawke
Booked on QF 24 BKK to SYD.........anyone want to make me feel better and tell me it will probably change back....
It'll probably change again. Been there, experienced that. However, I'd suggest that even the QF SB1 seat (old) is better than TG's J seat - but if you can get TG F then that'd be my preference.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:54 am

Reporting back - I got the upgrade, took seat 1A but looking around I don't think I'd have a problem getting into the window-side seat. ^

The seat, the meal, the service and entertainment were all good (but I rarely get into J so I'm easily impressed. ) ^^

My only minor quibble was that marketing info (early on, for example, here and very recently, here) promised "Recline from takeoff to landing" as a unique selling point. However, the crew on my flight insisted on "seats upright" in the pre-takeoff check and again for landing. My seat (and 1E, and maybe more) had a glitch that when the "fully upright" icon was pressed, the seat would come fully upright, then relax back a tiny amount. It wasn't enough to make any change in comfort, but was sufficient that some warning light on the aisle side was activated. So on both takeoff and landing, both I and the guy across the aisle had to stand up from our seats while the flight attendant reset the seat position.

I noticed that on the control pad, both the "fully upright" icon and the "somewhat reclined" one under it had a little airplane pointing upwards next to the seat picture. It sort of suggested those two were okay for takeoff and landing.

tl;dr: Have they abandoned the "recline from takeoff to landing" feature? Or is it only on int'l flights? (Why?) Or is it just force of habit from cabin crew?
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Is the 'recline from takeoff' still published?

If so then you had an uneducated crew (or something has changed).
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by serfty
Is the 'recline from takeoff' still published?
Very much so:

Your seat can be in recline and fitted with the mattress from take-off right through to landing - offering more time to rest and sleep before you arrive.
Taken from the Qantas A330 page.

I too had a flight attendant insist I put the seat back to upright for takeoff. On the return flight I didn't bother to recline during takeoff.

I blame either inadequate training and/or the seat indicator light not functioning as it should.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by eminere
Very much so:

Taken from the Qantas A330 page.

I too had a flight attendant insist I put the seat back to upright for takeoff. On the return flight I didn't bother to recline during takeoff.

I blame either inadequate training and/or the seat indicator light not functioning as it should.
Thanks for the feedback. Given a decrease in my domestic travel (and nearly all in Y) I don't expect to have another opportunity for a year or more, but would appreciate hearing other experiences. It seems a shame if Qantas are advertising a benefit that the crew doesn't actually allow.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
And another tail update:

A330-300 9 / 10 - QPA, QPB, QPC, QPD, QPE, QPF, QPG, QPH, QPI
A330-200 11 / 18 - EBA, EBB, EBC, EBD, EBE, EBF, EBJ, EBK, EBN, EBS, EBV

Remaining A333 QPJ likely to be a 1-month refurb when it enters. EBM, the last Millenium J equipped 332 also likely to enter shortly.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: VA Gold, United Premier Gold, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by moa999
And another tail update:

A330-300 9 / 10 - QPA, QPB, QPC, QPD, QPE, QPF, QPG, QPH, QPI
A330-200 11 / 18 - EBA, EBB, EBC, EBD, EBE, EBF, EBJ, EBK, EBN, EBS, EBV

Remaining A333 QPJ likely to be a 1-month refurb when it enters. EBM, the last Millenium J equipped 332 also likely to enter shortly.
Hi Moa, I would love to know how to use this info to crosscheck with a booking. can you help?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.