Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
Seems to have been delayed - Current plan is for positioning QF6111 BNE to SYD on Wednesday, with QF575 first operation on Boxing day.

FWIW, it's due to arrive into MEL on Saturday 30 minutes after the departure of the last 763 operational flight departs.
Some talk today that it may be as late as the 31st for the first flight.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by perthite
Hah!

It's currently now scheduled QF575 on the 31st - The QF6111 tomorrow has been deferred to the 30th and re-timed to 6pm - I suspect that'll be a media scrum.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 22, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
Originally Posted by perthite
Hah!

It's currently now scheduled QF575 on the 31st - The QF6111 tomorrow has been deferred to the 30th and re-timed to 6pm - I suspect that'll be a media scrum.
There was a media contingent on the christmas day flight. Obviously they are now on the 31st. Although the reason for the shift in date has to do with something that didn't arrive on schedule...
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:33 am

Back from first flight on the A330 Business Suite - very impressive product.

Will share here a few pics from my review.

First up: take note of the seatmap

Three-point seatbelt due to reclined taxi, take-off and landing position:

How flat? Fully flat.

Like the 'Do Not Disturb' indicator:

So much more stowage space for your carry-on kit than the Skybed II!

... and more space on the shelf.

Handy mirror located under the armrest lid for the IFE controller

Great-looking touchscreen IFE interface is much more responsive than on earlier screens

Large tray table is also a very stable table, no sign of bounce as I hammered away on the keyboard.

Best legroom is in the bulkhead rows (1 and 7), as there's no need for the footwell of your seat to neatly fit into the console of the seat in front of you. Here's legroom from my seat 1A on the inaugural:

It's a bit of a tighter fit in any seat in rows 2-5 and 8:

Detailed review and more pics at http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-busin...irbus-a330-200 – enjoy!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:47 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Will share here a few pics from my review.!
Nice report, but there's a bit of personal info - just saying..

Edited on 9 JAN 2015: the above comment was made in ignorance of the identity of djsflynn - but this has been beaten to death in subsequent posts...

Last edited by og; Jan 8, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:17 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by og
I don't see anything apart from the boarding pass which reveals the name of the author that we knew anyway?

I think it's ironic that QF now has better seats on its domestic routes than on their long haul planes.

It would be good to know what AusBT thinks of these seats compared to international competitors.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:11 pm

Hi SXC - that article's on my to-do list
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
I think it's ironic that QF now has better seats on its domestic routes than on their long haul planes.
Ironic is one word for it, I'd choose something a little stronger.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by og
Agree somewhat pointless hiding the Service Information
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sxc
Qantas are not the only airline like this. Since Air NZ went 10 across on 777 and 9 across on 787, the space plus zone seating on domestic A320s is far better than any of their longhaul (or shorthaul for that matter) international economy seats.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:31 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The seats looks great, however internationally I'll still take CX J over QF to and from Asia.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: OWS, QR Gold, Kris, and a few others
I'm flying SYD-SIN in J middle of February, what are my chances of getting a refurbished A330?

Is it just me, but don't the seats look more like those found in a sports car (apart from the fact that they recline)? Recaro are better known in Europe for producing seats for sports cars with an emphasis on style and safety and much less on comfort. So easy on the eye, firm on the butt. Hope I'm wrong.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:24 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Grogg
I'm flying SYD-SIN in J middle of February, what are my chances of getting a refurbished A330?

Is it just me, but don't the seats look more like those found in a sports car (apart from the fact that they recline)? Recaro are better known in Europe for producing seats for sports cars with an emphasis on style and safety and much less on comfort. So easy on the eye, firm on the butt. Hope I'm wrong.
Recaro manufacture seats. Airline, sports car and even child seats.

Sports car seats are generally harder. This has no bearing on their aircraft seats.

http://www.recaro.com
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: OWS, QR Gold, Kris, and a few others
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Recaro manufacture seats. Airline, sports car and even child seats.

Sports car seats are generally harder. This has no bearing on their aircraft seats.

http://www.recaro.com
The pics of QF's new Recaro seats look remarkably similar to the ones they've made for my sports car and I wouldn't want to spend hours sitting in it. Hope you're right that their aircraft seats are very different... but they do look the same...
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:02 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Grogg
The pics of QF's new Recaro seats look remarkably similar to the ones they've made for my sports car and I wouldn't want to spend hours sitting in it. Hope you're right that their aircraft seats are very different... but they do look the same...
LH J seats (those in the 744 and 380) have "Recaro" on them (IIRC). OK for day use, but miserable for sleeping in. I assume the QF seats are better. I'd not be inclined to label every seat by the same manufacturer as the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.