Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Over the last fortnight EBG/EBL have made it to HKG, BKK, MNL and KIX , albeit mostly done PEK and domestic.
Like Qantas service consistently inconsistent.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
I notice from theqantassource.com that EBB has just returned to service after being in maint since April 28: that seems a long time, could it be the first of the new refurbs?
Old May 31, 2018, 3:13 am

From other sources - no just regular maintenance (been suggested it will be the later aircraft with proper IFE in Y

It did however get fitted with WiFi, making it the first 332 with a bump. Will however be tested before being made available to passengers.
For now it seems like 12 of 18 332s will get this Australia only NBN satellite service
https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-launches-wifi-on-domestic-airbus-a330-flights
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:19 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread. I just booked award flight for QF30 depart HKG to MEL on 1st Oct 2018. Seat Guru shows this is an 333, but Qantas booking is showing 332 with old J layout. I'm guessing i'm on the old layout then?

QF did this to me last year when i booked originally on a 333 HKG to MEL thinking i'd get new J layout. Op reason and bird was changed to 747 with old J layout. Guess i couldn't complain about flying in a 747 on the upper deck but really want to fly the new J suite haha I don't get to do this often.....

Edit: strange that it looks like EBG/EBL are the only 2 planes not refurbed yet. On Qantassource it doesnt seem like either of these planes have ever flown the HKG to MEL run, but I guess these things can change?

Qantas online rep confirmed the QF30 flight will be in a new business class layout...hmm....

Last edited by dark8; Aug 30, 2018 at 7:38 pm Reason: aircraft reg numbers updated
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:34 pm

Quite possibly, though definitely unlucky.
Only one (EBL) still in service. The other is currently in BNE maintenance getting a refurb.

In the past week EBL has been mostly domestic, but also done a Hong Kong, Beijing and Manilla rotation.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by moa999
Quite possibly, though definitely unlucky.
Only one (EBL) still in service. The other is currently in BNE maintenance getting a refurb.

In the past week EBL has been mostly domestic, but also done a Hong Kong, Beijing and Manilla rotation.

Thanks Moa,

If only EBL is in service (EBG looks like it hasn't flown since 22nd August 2018), then hopefully I do get the new J layout and the seat map on QF website is just a technical error.

FWIW, I loaded a dummy booking for PEK to SYD (QF107) on 1st Oct 2018 and its showing as an A332 with 36 J seats on the QF website when i go to select a seat.

But EBL is the only A332 left with old J config, and there is an A332 departing HKG to MEL on 1st Oct 2018 (my flight), So i'm assuming its a technical issue and QF107 will get EBL based on posts from other members. I checked all A332 flight histories and none of them have ever done a HKG to MEL flight, but strangely enough there are at least 2 flights in Oct 2018 which are expected to be A332.

Guess i'll find out in 31 days. Fingers crossed
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:01 pm

PEK-SYD J seat maps show several blocked rows

I'm flying PEK-SYD in Nov. Looking at QF seat maps for the day I fly and several other nearby dates, the first 3 rows of J are all blocked off--seems unlikely that those seats are entirely reserved on the multiple dates I checked, and that only some seats in the back 3 rows remain available. Isn't it more likely that QF is preventing folks from reserving more seats than there will be with the new layout, and are hoping that they are flying with the new lie-flat configuration by Nov?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by cnc2002
I'm flying PEK-SYD in Nov. Looking at QF seat maps for the day I fly and several other nearby dates, the first 3 rows of J are all blocked off--seems unlikely that those seats are entirely reserved on the multiple dates I checked, and that only some seats in the back 3 rows remain available. Isn't it more likely that QF is preventing folks from reserving more seats than there will be with the new layout, and are hoping that they are flying with the new lie-flat configuration by Nov?
This is normal for all A330 configs, front 3 rows reserved for platinum frequent flyers.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:45 pm

So there is no timeline yet when PEK-SYD would have new config?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by bluebubble
So there is no timeline yet when PEK-SYD would have new config?
It's mostly had Suites for months - quite often gets 333s and now three of the 332Ls in operation.

But EBL is still around in the old config, and in the past week has 'surprised' on QF23/24 SYD-BKK and QF129/130 SYD-PVG
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vh-ebl
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:57 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
But EBL is still around in the old config, and in the past week has 'surprised' on QF23/24 SYD-BKK and ........
So the “good spin” from QF PR is when a 789 appears on domestic instead of the usual crappy 738 its “surprise and delight”. But when the old tub EBL apppears when you’re expecting a proper flat seat, its just “surprise”.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by dark8
Sorry to revive an old thread. I just booked award flight for QF30 depart HKG to MEL on 1st Oct 2018. Seat Guru shows this is an 333, but Qantas booking is showing 332 with old J layout. I'm guessing i'm on the old layout then?

QF did this to me last year when i booked originally on a 333 HKG to MEL thinking i'd get new J layout. Op reason and bird was changed to 747 with old J layout. Guess i couldn't complain about flying in a 747 on the upper deck but really want to fly the new J suite haha I don't get to do this often.....

Edit: strange that it looks like EBG/EBL are the only 2 planes not refurbed yet. On Qantassource it doesnt seem like either of these planes have ever flown the HKG to MEL run, but I guess these things can change?

Qantas online rep confirmed the QF30 flight will be in a new business class layout...hmm....
Im on QF30 tonight (17th sept) and it looks like itnwill be operated by EBG which is inbound from brisbane, and is still in the old layout, not great if youve paid for business
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by jrfsp320
Im on QF30 tonight (17th sept) and it looks like itnwill be operated by EBG which is inbound from brisbane, and is still in the old layout, not great if youve paid for business
Yep. Reappeared last week after only 3wks in maintenance, not enough time for a reconfig, so appears it will continue on for a while
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: QF
Yep. Reappeared last week after only 3wks in maintenance, not enough time for a reconfig, so appears it will continue on for a while
Can confirm that it is still in 36J199Y config - have a colleague who is on QF97 today and lucked out with EBG.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:49 pm

From airliners.net EBR is now under refurb to 27J. Went in 10Sep due back 3Oct

EBO also just returned from SIN repaint

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.