Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Reply

Old Jul 2, 16, 1:56 am
  #331  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Posts: 2,795
Now at 12/18 for the 332s....

Potential completion schedule for the refurbs
13 mid-July
15 mid-Aug
17 mid-September
Complete mid-October
moa999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 3:49 pm
  #332  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cairns, Australia
Posts: 919
Originally Posted by moa999 View Post
Now at 12/18 for the 332s....

Potential completion schedule for the refurbs
13 mid-July
15 mid-Aug
17 mid-September
Complete mid-October

So at what point will QF commit to publishing the refurb seating plans on the SYD-HNL (QF3 / QF4) route - presently old seating plan for A330-200 showing for randomly selected dates on Expertflyer right into Q1 and Q2 of 2017!
Platy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 4:02 pm
  #333  
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Posts: 12,586
Originally Posted by Platy View Post
So at what point will QF commit to publishing the refurb seating plans on the SYD-HNL (QF3 / QF4) route - presently old seating plan for A330-200 showing for randomly selected dates on Expertflyer right into Q1 and Q2 of 2017!
I'd start looking the scheduling of HAL aircraft. But seriously, QF must be making huge money on this route with their old configuration, so why bother doing better? They know they have a good chance of flogging every J seat since they won't even release award seats to (this) WP at 1 yr in advance.
og is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 6:36 pm
  #334  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cairns, Australia
Posts: 919
Originally Posted by og View Post
But seriously, QF must be making huge money on this route with their old configuration, so why bother doing better? They know they have a good chance of flogging every J seat since they won't even release award seats to (this) WP at 1 yr in advance.
Yep, but presumably they are not going to keep the old seats on one or two airframes just for HNL?!

And maybe they aren't doing that well selling the J class seats at typical QF business class pricing levels - after all, there have been several promotions over the last 6 months with very aggressive pricing, down to $3,200 return ex-SYD, BNE, etc., on sale fares...(?).
Platy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 7:18 pm
  #335  
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Posts: 12,586
Originally Posted by Platy View Post
Yep, but presumably they are not going to keep the old seats on one or two airframes just for HNL?!

And maybe they aren't doing that well selling the J class seats at typical QF business class pricing levels - after all, there have been several promotions over the last 6 months with very aggressive pricing, down to $3,200 return ex-SYD, BNE, etc., on sale fares...(?).
That's quite competitive with JQ but I was after HNL-SYD-HNL and missed finding any such deals. JQ were quite competitive ex SYD but hellishly expensive ex HNL (biz max). Perhaps JQ know their IFE is better than QF's and that pax will just suck it up .....
og is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 7:41 pm
  #336  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cairns, Australia
Posts: 919
Originally Posted by og View Post
That's quite competitive with JQ but I was after HNL-SYD-HNL and missed finding any such deals. JQ were quite competitive ex SYD but hellishly expensive ex HNL (biz max). Perhaps JQ know their IFE is better than QF's and that pax will just suck it up .....
(OT....I guess you are already across the back up options of (1) AA points redeemed on HNL-SYD or HNL-BNE on HA (2) Premium Economy on Air NZ HNL-AKL-SYD/BNE/MEL on 787 product...)
Platy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 8:01 pm
  #337  
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Posts: 12,586
A

Originally Posted by Platy View Post
(OT....I guess you are already across the back up options of (1) AA points redeemed on HNL-SYD or HNL-BNE on HA (2) Premium Economy on Air NZ HNL-AKL-SYD/BNE/MEL on 787 product...)
It's a multi variate function that also factors in the 140 SCs, desire to finish a long trip in SYD rather than going via other places (ie what one's partner can tolerate ), availability of award seats in preferred class on dates required (or needing flexibility) and schedule (ie overnight or daylight).
og is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 16, 9:36 pm
  #338  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Posts: 2,795
Originally Posted by Platy View Post
So at what point will QF commit to publishing the refurb seating plans on the SYD-HNL (QF3 / QF4) route - presently old seating plan for A330-200 showing for randomly selected dates on Expertflyer right into Q1 and Q2 of 2017!
Who knows
But I would be pretty confident that you will get a refurb
moa999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 16, 5:08 am
  #339  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Posts: 2,795
Latest status
A330-300 10 / 10 - QPA, QPB, QPC, QPD, QPE, QPF, QPG, QPH, QPI, QPJ
A330-200 13 / 18 - EBA, EBB, EBC, EBD, EBE, EBF, EBJ, EBK, EBM, EBN, EBR, EBS, EBV

Under refurb - EBO, EBQ
Not refurbed - EBP, EBG, EBL

Of the unrefurbed aircraft.
EBP is in a Recaro 2x3x2 config with blocked middle seat - and seems to be now permanently scheduled on east coast triangle SYD/MEL/BNE runs, and avoiding PER
EBG/EBL are the old 332 International fleet with SkyBed Is.
One aircraft operates SYD-HNL 5/wk.
The other alternates between SYD-BKK (3days), SYD-PVG (3days), SYD-HKG (1 day on the QF83/180 frequency)

Best 'guess' is next two aircraft will go into refurb mid-August, which would leave one aircraft operating SYD-HNL only and some domestic runs, until mid-September
moa999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 16, 4:03 pm
  #340  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 146
So I am looking the domestic business flight from Mel to Syd, if I want to get the new business class seat, should I pick the A330-200? Thanks
cyster2007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 16, 5:21 pm
  #341  
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Posts: 12,586
Originally Posted by cyster2007 View Post
So I am looking the domestic business flight from Mel to Syd, if I want to get the new business class seat, should I pick the A330-200? Thanks
There's no guarantee that there won't be a sub to a noisy old/new 738. And IIRC there are comments that the old config 332 is operating the East Oz coast flights.
og is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 16, 7:25 pm
  #342  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Posts: 2,795
Originally Posted by cyster2007 View Post
So I am looking the domestic business flight from Mel to Syd, if I want to get the new business class seat, should I pick the A330-200? Thanks
ITs the only aircraft with a chance of the suite on that route, but as mentioned you might get an older 332 (depending on dates) or it might get subbed for a 737.
moa999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 16, 7:28 pm
  #343  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP
Posts: 1,799
Originally Posted by og View Post
There's no guarantee that there won't be a sub to a noisy old/new 738. And IIRC there are comments that the old config 332 is operating the East Oz coast flights.
Not sure how many A330s they use for the east coast dom runs, but out of the 3 old configs left, 2 of these (Skybed I) virtually always operate on international routes, which leaves only 1 which you may or may not be lucky enough to pick out.
Awesom Andy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 16, 10:04 pm
  #344  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PVG
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Posts: 450
Got my PVG-SYD flight subbed 10 days ago, I wasn't impress by the old business seat...
pvgman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 16, 8:13 am
  #345  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Posts: 105
So if I'm looking at a flight SIN-SYD in a months time, I should be pretty safely getting one of the refurbed planes? I was going that route in April and both way ended on the old config which was pretty dreadful to be honest...
Sydneyberlin is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread