Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Now at 12/18 for the 332s....

Potential completion schedule for the refurbs
13 mid-July
15 mid-Aug
17 mid-September
Complete mid-October
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
Now at 12/18 for the 332s....

Potential completion schedule for the refurbs
13 mid-July
15 mid-Aug
17 mid-September
Complete mid-October

So at what point will QF commit to publishing the refurb seating plans on the SYD-HNL (QF3 / QF4) route - presently old seating plan for A330-200 showing for randomly selected dates on Expertflyer right into Q1 and Q2 of 2017!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:02 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Platy
So at what point will QF commit to publishing the refurb seating plans on the SYD-HNL (QF3 / QF4) route - presently old seating plan for A330-200 showing for randomly selected dates on Expertflyer right into Q1 and Q2 of 2017!
I'd start looking the scheduling of HAL aircraft. But seriously, QF must be making huge money on this route with their old configuration, so why bother doing better? They know they have a good chance of flogging every J seat since they won't even release award seats to (this) WP at 1 yr in advance.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by og
But seriously, QF must be making huge money on this route with their old configuration, so why bother doing better? They know they have a good chance of flogging every J seat since they won't even release award seats to (this) WP at 1 yr in advance.
Yep, but presumably they are not going to keep the old seats on one or two airframes just for HNL?!

And maybe they aren't doing that well selling the J class seats at typical QF business class pricing levels - after all, there have been several promotions over the last 6 months with very aggressive pricing, down to $3,200 return ex-SYD, BNE, etc., on sale fares...(?).
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:18 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, but presumably they are not going to keep the old seats on one or two airframes just for HNL?!

And maybe they aren't doing that well selling the J class seats at typical QF business class pricing levels - after all, there have been several promotions over the last 6 months with very aggressive pricing, down to $3,200 return ex-SYD, BNE, etc., on sale fares...(?).
That's quite competitive with JQ but I was after HNL-SYD-HNL and missed finding any such deals. JQ were quite competitive ex SYD but hellishly expensive ex HNL (biz max). Perhaps JQ know their IFE is better than QF's and that pax will just suck it up .....
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by og
That's quite competitive with JQ but I was after HNL-SYD-HNL and missed finding any such deals. JQ were quite competitive ex SYD but hellishly expensive ex HNL (biz max). Perhaps JQ know their IFE is better than QF's and that pax will just suck it up .....
(OT....I guess you are already across the back up options of (1) AA points redeemed on HNL-SYD or HNL-BNE on HA (2) Premium Economy on Air NZ HNL-AKL-SYD/BNE/MEL on 787 product...)
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:01 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A

(OT....I guess you are already across the back up options of (1) AA points redeemed on HNL-SYD or HNL-BNE on HA (2) Premium Economy on Air NZ HNL-AKL-SYD/BNE/MEL on 787 product...)
It's a multi variate function that also factors in the 140 SCs, desire to finish a long trip in SYD rather than going via other places (ie what one's partner can tolerate ), availability of award seats in preferred class on dates required (or needing flexibility) and schedule (ie overnight or daylight).
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:36 pm

Who knows
But I would be pretty confident that you will get a refurb
Old Jul 16, 2016, 5:08 am

Latest status
A330-300 10 / 10 - QPA, QPB, QPC, QPD, QPE, QPF, QPG, QPH, QPI, QPJ
A330-200 13 / 18 - EBA, EBB, EBC, EBD, EBE, EBF, EBJ, EBK, EBM, EBN, EBR, EBS, EBV

Under refurb - EBO, EBQ
Not refurbed - EBP, EBG, EBL

Of the unrefurbed aircraft.
EBP is in a Recaro 2x3x2 config with blocked middle seat - and seems to be now permanently scheduled on east coast triangle SYD/MEL/BNE runs, and avoiding PER
EBG/EBL are the old 332 International fleet with SkyBed Is.
One aircraft operates SYD-HNL 5/wk.
The other alternates between SYD-BKK (3days), SYD-PVG (3days), SYD-HKG (1 day on the QF83/180 frequency)

Best 'guess' is next two aircraft will go into refurb mid-August, which would leave one aircraft operating SYD-HNL only and some domestic runs, until mid-September
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:03 pm

So I am looking the domestic business flight from Mel to Syd, if I want to get the new business class seat, should I pick the A330-200? Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:21 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyster2007
So I am looking the domestic business flight from Mel to Syd, if I want to get the new business class seat, should I pick the A330-200? Thanks
There's no guarantee that there won't be a sub to a noisy old/new 738. And IIRC there are comments that the old config 332 is operating the East Oz coast flights.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by cyster2007
ITs the only aircraft with a chance of the suite on that route, but as mentioned you might get an older 332 (depending on dates) or it might get subbed for a 737.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by og
There's no guarantee that there won't be a sub to a noisy old/new 738. And IIRC there are comments that the old config 332 is operating the East Oz coast flights.
Not sure how many A330s they use for the east coast dom runs, but out of the 3 old configs left, 2 of these (Skybed I) virtually always operate on international routes, which leaves only 1 which you may or may not be lucky enough to pick out.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Got my PVG-SYD flight subbed 10 days ago, I wasn't impress by the old business seat...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
So if I'm looking at a flight SIN-SYD in a months time, I should be pretty safely getting one of the refurbed planes? I was going that route in April and both way ended on the old config which was pretty dreadful to be honest...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.