Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:24 am

F on this thre

.....oops...

Last edited by Platy; Dec 13, 2015 at 12:43 am
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:42 am

Yes, moa999,

...I have worked as a promotions manager, a marketing manager and as a well paid consultant on various high profile marketing accounts for international brand names. Also in product marketing development and also in aviation and run and my own business for 20 years...(not that should matter - everyone's point of view has merit in terms of being a customer of the travel industry)

...and you?!

PS look at the examples from VA and BA at how to handle such situations to manage customer expectations and concurrently generate profit- it ain't hard and my position ain't radical unless you are a muppet from QF sitting in an ivory tower in Coward St lacking in "customer connection" or a QF sycophantic frequent flyer without the power of independent critical thought (and methinks you're smarter than that)..

Last edited by Platy; Dec 13, 2015 at 12:56 am
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by moa999
I assume EK, EY and SQ regularly run adverts of their older sloping business class products as well
Er....thanks moa999 for mentioning EK and SQ....they provide their customers with an accessible method to check their product, exactly what I'm arguing in favour of and citing QF as derelict in providing:
  • EK - there is an online facility to check the aircraft type/seat type for a specific flight and cabin
  • SQ - there is an online facility to check the aircraft type /seat map on specific flights at the tome of booking which gives a good indication of sloping vs lie flat product in business

I don't have any data as to the accuracy of their systems and have never flown on EY.

...that said, not sure why my position is so radical you need to question my experience in promotions/marketing...I'm only arguing for basic customer consideration as exhibited by QF competitors...

Last edited by Platy; Dec 13, 2015 at 2:24 am
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA
Platy, I was looking at it more from the point of view that the 333s ply the international routes and the 332s the domestic (equipment swaps notwithstanding) - but your point regarding HNL is entirely fair, I'd forgotten that they even fly this route .

Sadly some of QF's competitors out of BNE don't have flat beds either - SQ to SIN being the prime example - so not much choice there. At least CX operate to HKG with flat beds to there's genuine choice there.

Look out for further adventures next year as we all relocate (back) to the UK, dog included!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by og
OT: OJM was at SCL a week ago. This kills the collective wisdom that the ERs only fly to SCL. Poor folk on QF J enjoying SkyBed1 when they really could have enjoyed LA's J product.
Certainly not an exclusive ER route. I have two flights to SCL next year, and from the seating diagram they will be on the unrefurnished aircraft. No problem, Zone 1 (old first class) for me.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by expatboy
Sadly some of QF's competitors out of BNE don't have flat beds either - SQ to SIN being the prime example - so not much choice there. At least CX operate to HKG with flat beds to there's genuine choice there.
Yep, absolutely...although it looks like SQ is now planning to upgrade BNE flights.

Beyond just the seat issue, some folk, such as myself, prefer daytime flights: at least CX and SQ have some daytime flights to Australian ports (as well as the night time options)...lessens the necessity of a flat bed...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Australia is a non-discerning market -which is why a lot of international carriers use non-flat beds to/from AU market -like my ex from Zueri used to say we at Lindt/Spruengli deliberately use cheap inferior non-Swiss ingredients/manufature for the US and AU markets Look at Swiss they can do flat bads from ZRH to TLV vv and evenutally on the new 777W Love SQ F with new F SIN-HKG vv Airlines know where their bread is buttered and how to make the most out of the most itspure business!!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Platy
Yes, moa999,
look at the examples from VA and BA at how to handle such situations
not saying QF do it well... but I don't think they do it any different to the two mentioned above.
Agree QF could modify its website to display config - but I don't actually think individual flights are locked in 2-3 months out -- why many around here use ExpertFlyer, but it shifts around regularly.

eg.
VA. Advertised their old business routinely, despite having the two aircraft in ex-EK config that were very much inferior.
Have similarly widely advertised new Business config before all aircraft were complete.

BA. Widely advertised new BA First product. People on this forums BA section were so fed up with getting the old config, that percentage trackers of new First on individual routes were setup and widely published. Only when the rollout was (if I recall) about 80% done did they give points if you got the old config.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:33 pm

How do you tell prior to booking which version of the 330 you will get? When i checked EF one of the flights from syd-per was on the old seats. for some reason ef hasn't released seatmap info for majority of dec16 flights
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by kaiotes
How do you tell prior to booking which version of the 330 you will get? When i checked EF one of the flights from syd-per was on the old seats. for some reason ef hasn't released seatmap info for majority of dec16 flights
EF is the best way.
All 330s will be complete by Dec2016, current estimates are all 333s by end May and all complete by August
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:36 pm

To update the tails:
A330-300 8 / 10 - QPA, QPB, QPC, QPD, QPE, QPF, QPH, QPI
A330-200 10 / 18 - EBA, EBB, EBC, EBD, EBE, EBF, EBJ, EBK, EBS, EBV

For the 333s, QPG currently under refurb and expected out about 15-Apr. If QPJ goes in then all 9 flying 330s will be refurbed, with QPJ return to service about 15-May

For the 332s, appears EBN/EBM (Silverwing 2x2x2 in J) are next
Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: QF Gold
To update the tails:
A330-300 8 / 10 - QPA, QPB, QPC, QPD, QPE, QPF, QPH, QPI
A330-200 10 / 18 - EBA, EBB, EBC, EBD, EBE, EBF, EBJ, EBK, EBS, EBV

For the 333s, QPG currently under refurb and expected out about 15-Apr. If QPJ goes in then all 9 flying 330s will be refurbed, with QPJ return to service about 15-May

For the 332s, appears EBN/EBM (Silverwing 2x2x2 in J) are next
moa999, thanks for the update. Seems my chances of getting an "old" A332 for my upcoming flight SQ 51 (May 18) are pretty high but coming back on QF 98 (May 30) will almost guarantee an upgraded A330.

Currently both flight flights show the new business class suites.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: VA Gold, United Premier Gold, Qantas Platinum
HNL?

I have searched the thread but don't see an answer - any word on when they will roll this out SYD-HNL? Travelling in August, probably wishful thinking...
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by russmeyergirl
I have searched the thread but don't see an answer - any word on when they will roll this out SYD-HNL? Travelling in August, probably wishful thinking...
By August probably a very decent chance.
At the moment QF3 gets EBG/EBL almost exclusively (the old international 332 with SkyBed Is). But in another five months almost all of the 330s will be refurbed and I suspect all international routes will be getting the refurbs.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
EF is the best way.
All 330s will be complete by Dec2016, current estimates are all 333s by end May and all complete by August
Good to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.