Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Emirates, Qantas and OneWorld lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates, Qantas and OneWorld lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: Qantas, Emirates
LHR Lounge

Hi All,

I'm an OWE, flying QF2 and then QF8424, in J.

If I've got this right F Lounge access in DXB- No need to choose there.

Which would be the consensus opinion for a LHR T3 lounge? BA, CX or AA?

Cheers

Mike
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
At LHR I believe even QF Emerald need to be flying on EK metal to use the EK lounge, so QF or CX or AA ...
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:58 am

EK operated / metal, QF Gold - I beleive I can access the EK lounge right? Can I do this simply with my QF status showing on the boarding pass, as I do not yet have my QF card.

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:03 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by pazza2000
EK operated / metal, QF Gold - I beleive I can access the EK lounge right? Can I do this simply with my QF status showing on the boarding pass, as I do not yet have my QF card.
Just have a good copy of your FF statement showing the status. But, I'd assume the "system" will have the info ?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: Qantas, Emirates
Originally Posted by serfty
At LHR I believe even QF Emerald need to be flying on EK metal to use the EK lounge, so QF or CX or AA ...
I've got some options then, but as I've never been in any LHR lounge other than EK or BMI (pre IAG days- OT but I really liked that lounge in T1).

People seem to hold BA in higher regard that either CX or AA but is that still the case?

Mike
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I find the CX lounge wonderful from about 11:30 - 16:00 when there are no CX flights due with a deserted lounge.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by og
Just have a good copy of your FF statement showing the status. But, I'd assume the "system" will have the info ?
Yes here is hoping the system has the info and recognises the QF Gold benefits on EK. From past experience I know that FF cross benefits are sometimes misunderstood or unaware of by staff. I suspect the EK Lounge at DXB will not be an issue but the smaller outstation lounge at GLA may be.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:57 pm

hi all the QF experts

can QF gold access EK lounges (in AUS and NZ) regardless which carrier (either QF or EK) ticketed and operated?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
hi all the QF experts

can QF gold access EK lounges (in AUS and NZ) regardless which carrier (either QF or EK) ticketed and operated?
Yes, but I saw a recent report that a QF gold travelling Qantas was not permitted into the EK lounge at AKL due to overcrowding.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Which seems reasonably likely. Due to all of the EK flights leaving in close succession to each other than AKL lounge gets very crowded - one of the few places where I would choose the Qantas lounge over Emirates since generally found the Qantas lounge less crowded
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Does anyone know the general opening hours of the EK lounge at AKL. I was in the QF lounge last week and the attendant didn't know.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"While Emirates strive to replicate their lounge experience worldwide, so that each lounge will often contain the same look and feel, there are enough small differences in each one to stand out. The Auckland lounge has the job of handling three A380s in a short space of time, so it's larger than its Singaporean kin."

Source: Australian Frequent Flyer Auckland Emirates Lounge

This was from January last year.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Mar 28, 2015 at 5:52 am Reason: Added content so comply with FT rules.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AirNZ silver; Qantas Platinum; Emirates Silver.
Originally Posted by serfty
Yes, but I saw a recent report that a QF gold travelling Qantas was not permitted into the EK lounge at AKL due to overcrowding.
I was refused entry to EK lounge as QF Gold in Melbourne last year when I travelled on QF metal to Dubai last year. The lady at the front said I should stick to QF lounge since I'm flying QF metal.

I started a thread on the topic.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soulighter
I was refused entry to EK lounge as QF Gold in Melbourne last year when I travelled on QF metal to Dubai last year. The lady at the front said I should stick to QF lounge since I'm flying QF metal.

I started a thread on the topic.
It's a bit of YMMV.

I have used the EK lounges in both AKL and MEL when flying Qantas with little issue.

As per your thread of last year, there is some element of resistance and indeed things have changed somewhat since the partnership began (e.g. those with Gold or Platinum status based lounge access need to be crediting the travel to the airline rewards program from where the Gold or Platinum status is sourced.)

EK have this on their FAQ's:

If I am eligible for lounge access and departing from an airport with both an Emirates lounge and a Qantas lounge, can I choose either lounge?
Originally Posted by answer
We recommend that you use the lounge of the operating airline to ensure convenient gate proximity and access to boarding calls and other flight information.
Which is a recommendation, not a rule and, for the reason stated, hardly an issue at AKL.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:53 am

About to fly EK Y, my QF ff# is showing on the BP but there is no mention of tier / QF gold etc. I'm without my card, so wondering if the EK lounge will be able to identify my status when they scan the BP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.