Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

More 787 delays? Impact on JQ and QF.

Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:51 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P

So with the unexplained ET 787 fire at LHR, anyone prepared to wager on the delays to QF/JQ starting the 787 services? And worse still, how much more life can be squeezed out of the 767s? Maybe we need Mr Waterhouse to give us the odds.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
How do you know the fire is unexplained?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by nonce
Ok then please explain
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Apparently Boeing keep production lines going on 787's while any problems are sorted, have not seen any delays reported to JQ deliveries, in my local newspaper today was half page advert saying the new Dreamliner is coming our way soon (CNS).
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Because at the time I was aware of the issue, it was quite reasonable to use the term "unexplained". Do you know more?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:56 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Cause is undetermined but unlikely to be battery related ... fire location is just before the tail, and battery locations are well away from that, by the wing and cockpit. Unlikely to affect JQ/QF deliveries and maybe cancellations will free up earlier delivery positions -- I'm sure QF would take them no matter what

Interesting how QF has transitioned from a brilliant fleet plan circa 2005 to a complete shambles.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: QF-WP/OW-Emerald
Originally Posted by number_6
from a brilliant fleet plan circa 2005 to a complete shambles.
Many have argued for along time that being the only longhaul airline without 777s was far from a brilliant plan. Perhaps it was a cunning plan?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by ZQN Fan
Many have argued for along time that being the only longhaul airline without 777s was far from a brilliant plan. Perhaps it was a cunning plan?
Hey, they're not the only one. There's also Lufthansa. And US Airways. And... ummmm, alright, I'm fresh out of examples. Hawaiian?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Ok then please explain
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I think it is a reasonable question to ask. If you want to assert that something is unexplained is different from asserting that you personally are unaware of the cause. To say the fire is unexplained means that Boeing has no idea what caused it. There is insufficient information that has been released to say at this time that Boeing doesnt know the cause, therefore the fire cannot be at this time unexplained, unless of course you know someone on the investigation team who has told you first hand that no one can work out how the plane burst into flames. Is that the case? :-)
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
So no explanation yet then? Perhaps open up the question, anyone?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
I think it is a reasonable question to ask. If you want to assert that something is unexplained is different from asserting that you personally are unaware of the cause. To say the fire is unexplained means that Boeing has no idea what caused it. There is insufficient information that has been released to say at this time that Boeing doesnt know the cause, therefore the fire cannot be at this time unexplained, unless of course you know someone on the investigation team who has told you first hand that no one can work out how the plane burst into flames. Is that the case? :-)
(My bolding).

Is that you, Sir Humphrey?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:23 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
(My bolding).

Is that you, Sir Humphrey?
Please exploin?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:35 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Public servants who may well write draft letters for signature by Ministers of the Crown could think themselves proud if they had written this courageous text in the fullness of time.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by og
Public servants who may well write draft letters for signature by Ministers of the Crown could think themselves proud if they had written this courageous text in the fullness of time.
Not really it would be rejected. Much more straightforward to get to the point in one page.....unless you wrote for JG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.