Wiki Posts
Search

Status credits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, Velocity Platinum
Status credits

Hello. I have a little question from the clever folk on the QF board. I am a QF Platinum Frequent Flyer. I normally travel QF to HKG, however, I may have to travel CX on the next trip. Do I earn the same amount of Status credits if I fly on CX? Appreciate your advice. Thanks flyingmad
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyingmad
Hello. I have a little question from the clever folk on the QF board. I am a QF Platinum Frequent Flyer. I normally travel QF to HKG, however, I may have to travel CX on the next trip. Do I earn the same amount of Status credits if I fly on CX? Appreciate your advice. Thanks flyingmad
Assuming it is a fare basis eligable for miles accrual, then yes
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:13 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by flyingmad
You may well never return to QF after flying CX J with their fantastic seats and prompt service.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by og
You may well never return to QF after flying CX J with their fantastic seats and prompt service.
Not to mention the superior frequencies and proper breakfast!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Just to add to the above comments, all of which I agree with: As you are probably already aware, you will not receive status bonus FF points flying with Cathay / other ow partners, but if your main interest is SCs, that will not be an issue.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: QF Gold
Status bonus is just on the base miles correct?

Not on the Base + Cabin miles?

(only just made silver, so haven't seen it in action yet).
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by davem4
Status bonus is just on the base miles correct?

Not on the Base + Cabin miles?

(only just made silver, so haven't seen it in action yet).
You are correct.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:29 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by tallboy
Just to add to the above comments, all of which I agree with: As you are probably already aware, you will not receive status bonus FF points flying with Cathay / other ow partners, but if your main interest is SCs, that will not be an issue.
QFF's earn status bonus on QF, JQ? and AA.
BA did give it, until the EK link up started.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:30 am

It does not seem 100% clear on the QANTAS site, maybe someone can help.

QANTAS do not operate this routing and their site therefore will not provide a valid answer:
How many QF status credits would I received for a Malaysia Airlines business class, from PVG-KUL-BOM return?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Leeroybrownster
It does not seem 100% clear on the QANTAS site, maybe someone can help.

QANTAS do not operate this routing and their site therefore will not provide a valid answer:
How many QF status credits would I received for a Malaysia Airlines business class, from PVG-KUL-BOM return?
welcome to Flyertalk! forum rules are against multi posting of the same same question. we're pretty on the ball here and someone will get back to you!

I have answered this question in the other thread for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.