Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Ceiling 'collapse' at MEL QC from rain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

In the MEL Qantas Club yesterday evening and a small section of the ceiling collapsed, dumping a volume of rain inside. There had been a small stream coming through immediately beforehand so people / furniture had been moved away and a wheelie bin put in place, but then a section maybe 30cm square burst through, dumping a flood from the ceiling space inside the building. The rain outside, and a smaller stream inside, just kept on coming afterwards.

About 45 minutes later it took three supervisors watching and one bloke holding the ladder for a fifth bloke to remove another part of the ceiling to take a look. I believe he conculded "yup - there's a hole".

It all added just a little something extra to the traditionally sterile lounge experience there ...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:01 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Maybe the hole will be big enough to allow the sparrow to escape.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: VA Gold
Originally Posted by og
Maybe the hole will be big enough to allow the sparrow to escape.
hahaha it is one of the pleasures of visiting the MEL lounges!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Is 30cm square a typo? I don't really consider something smaller than ceiling tile a "collapse"
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: QF, HH
Oops, wasn't me!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DillMan
Is 30cm square a typo?
No
Originally Posted by DillMan
I don't really consider something smaller than ceiling tile a "collapse"
Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.