Status credits

Old May 19, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Desperate for what??

I assume you meant Separate ...

I think the OP has a point.

I've always felt that CX104 was fairly desperate.
Old May 19, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
An eligable QF flight is a flight where you are booked on a Qantas or jetstar flight number and is eligable to earn points

Any SCs you earn up to 31 August will be lost when membership year is reset

I would suggest that if you want status that you join the AA AAdvantage FF scheme sign up for the AA Platinum Challenge ( $250 sign up fee ) since a r/t BNE-ABZ on BA flight numbers will be enough to earn Platinum status ( OW Sapphire c.f. QF Gold status ) until 28 Feb 2015.
Thanks for that. I'll think about that. I have a few questions about the AA program, but I've found a thread in the AA Forum, so I'll ask there.
Old May 20, 2013, 4:06 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by weegraeme
From what I've read on the QFF site, you need to fly 4 eligible Qantas or Jetstar flights per year. My question is: What constitutes an "eligible" flight as opposed to an ineligible one?

My second question is: Any status credits I'll earn on my BA flight will really only be valid until the 31st August, and even then, I'd have to have flown 4 times with Qantas by then anyway. Is that correct?
The 4 eligible flights are required if you want to gain Silver/Gold/Platinum Status. What class are you booked BNE-ABZ?
Old May 20, 2013, 5:24 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by nux
The 4 eligible flights are required if you want to gain Silver/Gold/Platinum Status. What class are you booked BNE-ABZ?
I booked through BA as WT+

The tickets are:

BNE-SYD on QF ticketed BA Y
SYD-SIN on BA ticketed BA T
SIN-LHR on BA ticketed BA T
LHR-ABZ on BA ticketed BA J (although I think it's an economy only flight, so go figure)

On return it's ticketed as:

ABZ-LHR on BA ticketed BA J
LHR-SYD on BA ticketed BA T
SYD-BNE on QF ticketed BA Y

It's not a big deal anyway. Even if BA ticketed flights alone were enough to qualify, it would only apply for 20 days after I got back anyway.
Old May 20, 2013, 5:33 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It's not a big deal anyway. Even if BA ticketed flights alone were enough to qualify, it would only apply for 20 days after I got back anyway.
Your status would be for the current membership year, and all of the next year. So you would have it for 20 days + 365 days.

You would earn 380 SC's from that trip by my calcs.
20+60+80+40 + 40+120+20

BA books domestic connections in to J for WT+ bookings. You would earn Business SC's on Qantas.
Old May 20, 2013, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I booked through BA as WT+

The tickets are:

BNE-SYD on QF ticketed BA Y
SYD-SIN on BA ticketed BA T
SIN-LHR on BA ticketed BA T
LHR-ABZ on BA ticketed BA J (although I think it's an economy only flight, so go figure)

On return it's ticketed as:

ABZ-LHR on BA ticketed BA J
LHR-SYD on BA ticketed BA T
SYD-BNE on QF ticketed BA Y

If you chose to go for the AA challenge, you would get Platinum from the SIN-LHR flight and so have benefits of lounge access , seat selection et al for the trip back as well as having over 40,000 spending miles . ( 37.5k is enough for business r/t to anywhere in AU/NZ from anywhere else in AU/NZ )

Having J class domestically does have value since it does allow seat selection in advance for free plus does give lounge access before that flight

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.