Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Domestic Flights out of Syd Melb International airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold

With all the recent changes are there any flights left out of Sydney or Melbourne international airport. Would like to use the F lounge one more time before I lose my Plat status Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
What changes are you referring to?

I think there are a couple of flights left.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
What changes are you referring to?

I think there are a couple of flights left.
All the Asia changes, Manilla flights etc. The point of my question was though can anyone help me with identifying any of those flights. Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
QF19 SYD-MNL goes via BNE on Thursdays at least.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As a QF WP, you can access to FL's in MEL and SYD before flying on JQi segment.

These are currently only scheduled for weekdays.

Do a search using the link below to for your preferred option on JQ.com (Use MEL (Tullamarine) to/from SYD, look for flights the have "Business Class").

http://booknow.jetstar.com/Search.aspx

Last edited by serfty; Apr 26, 2013 at 6:40 pm
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by wtcmor
The point of my question was though can anyone help me with identifying any of those flights
If that's what you seek, then the list we put together in this AusBT article last year may be of use:

How to get into the Qantas First Class Lounge on domestic flights

PS It's a bit old now, I'd welcome any suggestions which may improve it!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I used to always use QF81 to Adelaide (SYD-ADL-SIN)....but that was recently axed. I have used JQi a few times to MEL and RTN. I think besides MNL thats only way to use SYD/MEL F Lounge on a DOM run now.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:43 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
QF19 SYD-MNL goes via BNE on Thursdays at least.
Is this last option out of Sydney now also gone? I can't seem to find any day with domestic QF services from Sydney International airport anymore.

I always wanted to use this to have a decent glass of Bollinger in the QF F lounge (not a QF Platinum card just a BA Gold card)...am I out of luck or can I just not use the new look QF website properly?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Have a look for JQ flights to MEL.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: QF Lifetime Gold + more
I think there's a JQi flight that departs SYD some days (including Saturday) to the Gold Coast. Doesn't appear every weekend though.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:07 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
AFAIK I can't get into the QF F lounge flying Jetstar as I am a BA Emeral and not a QF Emerald member. YMMV but when I asked at the lounge a while ago the first person said it would be fine but then a supervisor stepped in and said it would not work as I'm a BA member and not a QF Platinum.

So, unless the rules have changed I believe Jetstar flights won't work for my situation. So, I take it then that all QF domestic flights are now gone departing from the International terminal (including the SYD-BNE option mentioned above)?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
JQ is not Oneworld so Emerald status doesn't get F lounge access even for QF codeshare (not sure they are available on JQi domestic leg in any case), but QFF Platinum does. The QF schedule changes regularly so there may or may not be any domestic leg QFi flights for your future travel dates. Sometimes QFF status does come in handy
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
JQ is not Oneworld so Emerald status doesn't get F lounge access even for QF codeshare (not sure they are available on JQi domestic leg in any case), but QFF Platinum does. The QF schedule changes regularly so there may or may not be any domestic leg QFi flights for your future travel dates. Sometimes QFF status does come in handy
Yes, I realise that now. Has anyone been able to get a status match from QF based on BA status? And if so what would be the best time of year to do this in order to maximise the length of status. My QF year runs Sept to Sept, so if I did a match in October would this extend for the current year plus one extra or only until the end of my membership year?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:24 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Yes, I realise that now. Has anyone been able to get a status match from QF based on BA status? And if so what would be the best time of year to do this in order to maximise the length of status. My QF year runs Sept to Sept, so if I did a match in October would this extend for the current year plus one extra or only until the end of my membership year?
I am not aware of any OW to OW status matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.