Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

"Connect to more of Australia via Dubai" - Really?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Connect to more of Australia via Dubai" - Really?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
[QUOTE=Globaliser;20567194]I also miss the late night departure ex-Australia.
QUOTE]

I assume you are referring to the former QF29 which left MEL between 11pm and midnight?

With the QF EK alliance we now have in effect two late-night departures ex-Australia on QF flight numbers, with the MEL-DXB flight at 10:30pm and the MEL-KUL-DXB flight that leaves at 2:40am.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by QF Lad
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I also miss the late night departure ex-Australia.
I assume you are referring to the former QF29 which left MEL between 11pm and midnight?

With the QF EK alliance we now have in effect two late-night departures ex-Australia on QF flight numbers, with the MEL-DXB flight at 10:30pm and the MEL-KUL-DXB flight that leaves at 2:40am.
Personally, I was more thinking of the late QF31 ex-SYD before the late departure was switched to MEL, as I never got the chance to use the late QF29.

When these two late night departures ex-MEL begin to offer a premium economy cabin at a decent price, I might begin to think about it - although I would still not be keen to fly EK metal.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I think that a daytime departure ex Europe is far more civilised. snip...
Dave - I totally agree. Not often I get to say that :-)
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I think that a daytime departure ex Europe is far more civilised.

Leaving at noon, will be up for around 5 hours, then travel for 22 hours, and then cpl of hours before reasonable time to do to bed meaning that am only up for 29 hours.
Which is exactly the way I try to work it coming back - stay awake (or just doze) the whole flight, fall into bed in Oz and up again next day ready to start work. I find getting off a plane at OMG-o'clock having been awake a couple of hours previous courtesy of the breakfast service makes me a zombie for anything the following day.

Regards,

BD
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
I think that a daytime departure ex Europe is far more civilised.
It wasn't so great if you're connecting from Aberdeen - night time departure is easier.
The downside is arriving in MEL too early to get a room, trying to stay awake to try to get over jetlag quicker and so on ... OMG o'clock and walking like a zombie as BD959 says.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: QFF
I loved the midday LHR departures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.